[Sust-mar] Taste Our Island Roving Feast

Phil Ferraro adapt at pei.aibn.com
Fri Sep 18 07:31:16 EDT 2015

The ninth annual Taste Our Island awards ceremony, 'The Roving Feast' is
set for Friday September 25.
The Taste  Our Island Award has become a highly sought after recognition
and the Roving Feast is considered by many as one of the top Fall
Flavours Festival events.

Please forward  this email and/or the attached news release to friends
and colleagues and invite  them to come join us at the Roving Feast!

/News Release/

September 2015

*Finalists named for Taste our Island Award***

**

Prince Edward Island has developed a world-class reputation for culinary
cuisine rooted firmly in the rich red soil and clear blue waters that
define both the province's beauty and character.**

Since 2007, the PEI ADAPT Council has been honoring restaurants that
have gone the extra mile to both use and promote local products. Each
year, the council invites those who patronize Island eating
establishments to submit nominations.

Award coordinator, Nancy Willissaid she was very pleased with the number
and quality of nominations this year. She said, over 150 nominations
came in and that 35 establishments met the awardcriteria. A panel of
judges then picked out the nine finalists who will preparing dishes from
their menu at the Taste Our Island Roving Feast September 25 at the
Charlottetown Hotel.

This year’snominees include the Mill at New Glasgow (Emily Wells); The
Kitchen Witch Tea Room, Long River (Geoff and Debbie Crowther); Eden's
Gate, Georgetown (Bobbie-Joe MacLean); Juice Box Cafe, Montague (Jana
Ferris); The Pearl Eatery, North Rustico(Maxine Delaney); Leonhard's
Cafe and Bakery,Charlottetown (Chris Ruprecht); Terra Rouge Bistro
Marche, Charlottetown(John Pritchard); Papa Joe's, Charlottetown (Irwin
MacKinnon) andSim's Oyster bar and Steak House, Charlottetown (Kyle Paton).

The winner will receive a full page article in the 2016 PEI Island
Visitors’ Guide .Runners up are also featured in thumbnail photos along
the bottom of the Tourism Guidebook page along with a single sentence
description.As a testament to how committed many Island eating
establishments have become, many of the previous finalists say that they
award is highly sought after and the recognition they receive has
substantially benefited their businesses.

Nancy said the Roving Feast, which is a signature event of the Fall
Flavours Festival, offers a unique culinary experience. Each of the nine
finalists has a station set up around the room (at the Charlottetown
Hotel) and diners can sample their mouth watering dishes throughout the
evening.

"It's like eating at nine of the best restaurants on PEI in one
evening," Willis said.

There is a limit of 150 tickets and they are available by calling Nancy
at (902) 367-0390 or online at fallflavours.ca.

--

Phil Ferraro,
Prince Edward Island ADAPT Council and Bioenterprise Maritimes
Email:phil at peiadapt.com;phil.ferraro at bioenterprise.ca

Internet:www.peiadapt.com  andwww.bioenterprise.ca

The Mission of the PEI ADAPT Council is to help agri-entrepreneurs grow.
Our vision is a thriving agricultural industry that is sustainable and diverse.

"Fostering Innovation. Fueling the Bioeconomy."