[sust-mar] Network Coordinator, f/t, Our Food Southeast New Brunswick, Moncton NB

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Tue Dec 20 20:19:37 EST 2016

* Work in healthy, local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
http://FoodWork.ca/922273

Position: Our Food Southeast New Brunswick Network Coordinator
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick

The role of the Our Food Network Coordinator is to build upon existing food action momentum in Southeast NB and strengthen the SENB Our Food network. The coordinator will work closely with and play a leadership role in strengthening the New Brunswick Food Security Action Network and with the Our Food Nova Scotia overarching goals and initiatives. The coordinator will work closely with United Way Greater Moncton, Southeast NB food leader advisory team (the Hub) and with the Our Food NS team leaders based in Halifax, Cumberland County and Cape Breton.

Responsibilities:

The Our Food Network Coordinator is responsible for
Sustaining the network and honouring commitments:
• Sustaining and nourishing the collaborative regional approach to food actions by ensuring Our Food SENB network partners connect and share regional assets relating to food.
• Ensuring that Our Food SENB fulfills grant and contract commitments connected to food action.

Example of associated duties: Collaborating with Our Food Project staff in NS; network administration, which includes writing clear reports, managing program budget, and more.

Food Action Support: Planning, implementation, evaluation and adaptation
• Keeping the collective on course; help reflect and course correct, as well as guide the network in the collective direction.
• Innovate and adapt to change internally and support network partners in adapting to new working landscapes or by fostering innovation in these partners.

Example of associated duties: Program evaluation; support identified food action programs like the Community Food Mentors (CFM) advancement and the expansion of the cost share local food box program.

Cross sectoral community engagement
• Build strong collaborative relationships with partners in the Our Food Network as well as link and connect with other key stakeholders within communities and across sectors.
• Assist new partners in embracing change and managing ambiguity.
• Be a strong ambassador of the collective's goals both within the collective and through the communityExample of associated duties: Meetings with government staff; policy workshops and food policy advancement work; on-going support for regional committees like the school food actions; participate and play leadership role in the New Brunswick Food Security Action Network.

Resource Development and Sharing
• Identify growth opportunities with the collective
• Leverage funds and resources to help build the network
• Maintain and make accessible knowledge capital and resources generated by the work of the collective

Example of associated duties: Applying for project funds

Communication
• Attention to communication by sharing information across communities, organizations and with individuals who should be kept informed in a timely and effective manner.

Examples of associated duties: Give presentations that impact listeners; maintain social media presence; meet with the Hub, United Way and Our Food NS regularly.

Qualifications:

Seeking someone with:
• Initiative, self-motivation and the ability to work independently
• Demonstrable project-management experience, thoroughness, and organizational skills
• Ability to empower, develop, motivate, and engage others in action
• Demonstrated capability of conceptual thinking and translate theory to action
• Openness to different and new ways of working and willingness to modify one’s preferred approach
• Belief that everyone has gifts to contribute and willingness to discover these
• Knowledge of food actions and food policy work in NB
• Some experience or understanding of developmental evaluation methods
• A valid driver’s license and access to vehicle

Experience:

1 - 3 year(s)

Skills:
• Easily Adaptable
• Efficiency
• Coaching Partners
• Work Independently with Minimal Supervision
• Applications
• Project Management
• Responsible
• Communication
• Food Security
• Hub
• Community
• Evaluation
• Planning
• Reports
• Leader
• Travel

Additional Information:

Terms of Employment

Start: Early February 2017. This position is for a 3 year contract (with a 6-month probationary period), with potential for renewal.

Salary is $42,000/year with vacation and negotiable benefits. The hiring committee will discuss and negotiate the compensation package details with the successful candidate.

This position requires some travel around the region of Kent Westmorland and Albert Counties, and occasional trips to Halifax or other NS based Our Food project sites. The incumbent must be comfortable with flexible work hours as evening meetings and some weekend meetings will be required.

To Apply: Your application should include a cover letter and resume (including 2 references). Please submit your package via Alongside.

Due Date for Applications: January 13, 2017

Pour voir l'offre d'emploi en franais cliquez-ici.

Apply now:

https://app.alongside.com/apply/14572?utm_source=goodwork

Full Job Description Available Here:

https://jobs.alongside.com/details/our-food-southeast-new-brunswick-network-coordinator/14572?utm_source=goodwork

http://FoodWork.ca/922273

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/job=37222

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms