[Sust-mar] Finance Coordinator & Administrator, f/t, SSG, Ottawa/Vancouver/flexible

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Feb 18 09:40:12 EST 2016

* Work in environment & sustainability: GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
http://GoodWork.ca/961333

Position: Finance Coordinator and Administrator
Location: Ottawa, Vancouver, Montreal, Tatamagouche or other (You will work from home or a shared office (eg: HiVE Vancouver), SSG staff and Directors work in Vancouver, Montreal, Tatamagouche, NS, Ottawa, New York and Bristol, UK, thus proficient virtual communications (ie: online) is required. The successful candidate can work from their place of choosing (with preference of being based out of Vancouver or Ottawa) and the rent will be covered by SSG.)

Job title: Finance Coordinator and Administrator
Reports to: SSG Director of Finance and Administration
Duration: Permanent
Hours per week: 24 hours – Tuesday and Thursday compulsory
Salary: $24.50/hour
Location: Ottawa or Vancouver, with some flexibility for remote work in other locations

Job application closing date

Friday 26th February 2016 (Midnight Eastern Time)

Job start state

Thursday 10th March 2016

About Us

SSG is an inspired group of the foremost sustainability thinkers and consultants working together since 2001. Our base is in Canada, our mission is global. We deliver meaningful change with communities, organizations and institutions through open source technology and sustainable innovations. We empower citizens with open source tools, and policy makers with knowledge to inform their decisions to solve complex issues. Our areas of work are:
• Community Planning
• Green Building
• Campus Sustainability
• Sustainable Development and Research

As a workers cooperative, we believe it is the most equitable, accountable and active business model that enables cultural change from within. Our members’ expertise crosses disciplines, cultures and generations to create a different working experience that makes essential sustainability impacts possible.

Job purpose

The primary purpose for all who work with SSG is to provide meaningful work for our members, and this role supports the realisation of this. We are seeking an administrator and bookkeeper to work 24 hours per week, 10 hours of which will be bookkeeping. At a key stage in SSG’s growth, we are looking for an experienced administrator to maintain the current systems and our needs, as well as being appropriate for the next stage of our growth. You will work closely with the Director of Finance and Administration.

Key objectives
• Oversee the day to day operations and administration of the business and the needs of the staff
• Ensure the smooth operations of SSG’s finances

Key responsibilities include and are not limited to:

Bookkeeping
• Undertake all general bookkeeping including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and general journal entries.
• Prepare client issue invoices and maintain contact with clients and suppliers to ensure accounts are current.
• Prepare and reconcile Payroll and T4 Remittances.
• Carry out all year-end accounting transactions in preparation for external financial statement review.
• File government remittances (including but not limited to Revenu Quebec, Revenue Canada, HST, T4s).

Financial analysis
• Monitor and manage accounts and report on cash flow.
• Prepare month-end financial statements by the 14th of the month for review by the Director of Finance and Administration.
• Prepare monthly report of all active projects.

Financial management
• Monitor financial policies and procedures and make recommendations for improvement.

Administration
• Manage and adapt folder management system.
• Update the SSG online handbook with direction from Director of Finance and Administration.
• Create processes and templates to ensure there is consistency throughout the member’s individual work styles.
• Gathering data for our sustainability assessments and reports working closely with the Director of Finance and Administration.
• Monitor several project and general email accounts on Gmail.
• Monitor back-up of our Google accounts with Backupify and our websites with UpdraftPlus.

Manage our applications and subscriptions
• We use a plethora of online applications to help make our communications, administration and financials cohesive: Insightly, Harvest, Expensify, Backupify, MailChimp, Google Admin console, Slack, Wordpress, UpDraft Plus, LinkedIn, GotoWebinar.

Contact management
• Responsible for keeping our contact database tidy and useful. Contacts, projects and opportunities are entered by all the members so need to ensure categories are filled in.

Staff meetings and retreats
• Arrange, set agenda and minute monthly full team meetings chaired by Director of Finance and Administration, and the planning of our annual team retreat.

Other Administrative Support to SSG teams
• Support SSG’s Project Team and Business Development teams in analysis, report generation and generation of subcontracts, regular updating of associate member Memoranda of Understanding and other support as necessary.

Board Meeting Coordination
• Act as Recording Secretary at board meetings, taking minutes and tracking business arising
• Liaise with Board Secretary to coordinate board meeting agendas and packages as necessary.

Marketing Support
• Uphold our branding guidelines and tone across the organisation. Order our marketing materials that include brochures, posters, banners, letterheads, business cards, exhibition booths consistent with our online presence and communications. Ensure consultants have what they need and work closely with Communications.

Conferences
• Research appropriate events for our market and speaker opportunities. Organise travel logistics for team, marketing support and wider engagement with network.

Essential skills and experience
• Academic and 3 years experiential qualifications in some or all of these areas: administration, accounting, bookkeeping
• Experience with Simply Accounting, Excel and Google Apps
• A high degree of self-motivation and self led management
• Ability to problem solve
• Able to work to clear processes and on different initiatives concurrently, with attention to detail
• Flexibility to adapt to different levels of workloads and schedules
• A commitment to continual improvement and best practice
• Comfort with working virtually with a distributed, non hierarchical workforce
• Strong communications skills
• An ability to explore, and navigate technology
• A clear, open and personable written & verbal communicator

Preferred
• An ambassador for representing SSG
• Responding to needs from the members and embracing a collaborative sharing culture
• Familiarity with and enthusiasm for workers co-operatives
• Resilient to uncertainty and risk

Qualifications

The candidate will have academic and 3 years experiential qualifications in some or all of these areas: administration, accounting, bookkeeping.

Working conditions

You will work from home or a shared office (eg: HiVE Vancouver), SSG staff and Directors work in Vancouver, Montreal, Tatamagouche, NS, Ottawa, New York and Bristol, UK, thus proficient virtual communications (ie: online) is required. The successful candidate can work from their place of choosing (with preference of being based out of Vancouver or Ottawa) and the rent will be covered by SSG.

Remuneration

Remuneration is based on hours worked, up to a current maximum of 24 hours a week. The current remuneration rate is $24.50/hour.

Application submission instructions

Please send a covering letter explaining why you are right for this position, why it is right for you now, and a current CV to:
rebecca at ssg.coop
in PDF format. Please include contact details for Skype or Google Hangout. If you have any queries, please email her.

The deadline for applications is Friday 26th February 2016 by midnight Eastern time. You must be available for an online interview Thursday, March 3rd, 2016.

For more information about SSG, visit our website at http://www.SSG.coop.

http://GoodWork.ca/961333

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=33316

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca