[sust-mar] Program Officer, p/t, summer..., Dalhousie Urban Garden, Halifax NS

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Sun Feb 28 19:29:02 EST 2016

* Work in healthy, local & sustainable food: FoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
http://FoodWork.ca/991533

Position: Programming Officer
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

The Dalhousie Urban Garden Society (DUGS) is pleased to announce that we will be hiring one part-time staff member for the campus urban garden. The staff position will provide support on various fronts for the DUGS executive team in the 2016 gardening season. Hiring will be completed in late March 2016.

Responsibilities
• 10 hours per week for a minimum of 20 weeks (April 4th – August 26, 2016), with potential for the position to carry on into the winter.
• Organize programming for the upcoming year (Summer-Fall-Winter 2016/2017).
• Work with DUGS executives and volunteers to prepare for the 2016 gardening season. This may include helping to build any garden infrastructure (raised beds, etc.) that is incomplete at the time of the work term.
• Must be available at least one day every weekend from April 4th to August 26 2016 in order to help with weekly work parties

Qualifications
• Loves the outdoors, willing to get hands dirty
• Passionate about gardening, food and sustainability
• Basic gardening experience
• Basic experience tracking finances and keeping a budget
• Strong communication skills
• Self-directed, ability to work independently
• Ability to work collaboratively with DUGS executives, volunteers and other university partners

Additional Assets
• Basic knowledge regarding permaculture practices
• Experience with non-hierarchical organization and consensus-based decision-making
• Previous experience working with a student society or community non-profit organization

If interested, please contact:
dalhousieurbangarden at gmail.com

http://FoodWork.ca/991533

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/job=33519

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms