[Sust-mar] Reminder: ACIC Program Officer job posting
Janelle at acic-caci.org
Mon Jan 4 11:19:45 EST 2016
Find the job posting here: http://www.acic-caci.org/jobs/
[cid:image001.png at 01D146EA.31DE7850]
JOB POSTING: Program Officer
Term: 1 year contract, 32 hours/week
Deadline: January 15, 2016
4:00 pm AST
Salary: $38,760 (based on 40 hours, pro-rated for 32 hours) + benefits (after probation period)
Interviews: January 21, 2016
Location: Halifax, NS
Beginning: February 1, 2016
The Atlantic Council for International Cooperation (ACIC) is a coalition of individuals, organizations, and institutions working in the Atlantic region, which are committed to achieving global sustainability in a peaceful and healthy environment, with social justice, human dignity, and participation for all. For more information, please refer to our website at www.acic-caci.org<http://www.acic-caci.org>.
Reporting to the Acting/Executive Director, the Program Officer will work closely with ACIC staff, youth volunteers, members and other stakeholders in the planning, coordination and delivery of public engagement programming, with a particular focus on children and youth. The ideal candidate will have experience facilitating public engagement activities and managing projects with diverse stakeholders. S/he will have effective facilitation skills (particularly with youth audiences), creative ideas, strong communication and writing skills, and knowledge of international development issues. As a key member of a small staff team, s/he must be able to work independently on a variety of tasks, and to motivate others to participate.
Scope of Work:
General responsibilities include:
* Contribute to the achievement of ACIC 's overall strategic goals by providing appropriate leadership, recommendations and support to ACIC staff, members, committees, networking groups, provincial representatives and other stakeholders to strengthen public engagement programming, capacity-building initiatives and dialogue in the Atlantic Region
* Lead or contribute to the development and delivery of key ACIC public engagement activities as determined
* In conjunction with other ACIC staff, encourage and facilitate broad-based participation in ACIC's public engagement activities through effective outreach and communications strategies
* Assist in convening members and other stakeholders for consultations, information exchange, annual symposia and capacity-building events
* Liaise with consultants, volunteers, short-term contract employees and interns as required
* Ensure program activities are completed according to the intended outcomes, budget and timelines established
* Project monitoring and evaluation, including data tracking, documentation of good practices and lessons learned, and contribution to narrative reports
* Financial management and monitoring of project budgets
* Assist in proposal writing and fundraising where applicable
Specific responsibilities include:
* Encouraging and facilitating broad-based participation of a diverse range of Atlantic Canadian youth in ACIC's Move Your World youth conference<http://www.acic-caci.org/our-work/move-your-world.html>, ACT 4 Global Change Program www.act4globalchange.ca<http://www.act4globalchange.ca>, and preparation for Global Youth Leaders Tour<http://www.acic-caci.org/our-work/global-youth-leaders-tour.html> (2017).
* Overall project coordination and administration of Move Your World Youth Conference (Fall 2016) in conjunction with other ACIC staff and conference volunteers, including outreach, volunteer management, conference coordination and logistics
* Coordinating the ACT 4 Global Change call for nominations and selection process for youth ambassadors (one per Atlantic Province)
* Assisting in planning, organizing and implementing training for selected ACT 4 Global Change Youth Ambassadors
* Supporting ACT 4 Global Change Ambassadors in their role
* Contributing to the overall program strategy and content development for the ACT 4 Global Change program, including the ACT 4 Global Change Challenge campaign development marking International Development Week in February
* In conjunction with ACIC communications staff, conducting outreach work for programming, including but not limited to: outreach with ACIC members, schools, school boards, departments of education, youth groups, universities, media outlets, relevant organizations, community newspapers, etc. across the Atlantic Provinces
* Conducting specific outreach within the francophone communities/schools in the Atlantic region
* Support to students, interns and other volunteers
The Program Officer is also responsible for:
* Actively participating in staff meetings and providing input towards the development of other organizational activities, operational practices and policies as required
* Providing general administrative support
* Representing ACIC at events or external meetings, when requested
* Responding to general telephone and email inquiries
* Other duties, as deemed necessary
* Post-secondary credential, related to the job requirements
* A minimum of three years recent and related experience, preferably within international cooperation, not-for-profit or public engagement spheres
* Knowledge of global development issues and concept of global citizenship
* Significant experience with program development and management, including demonstrated logistics management, budgeting, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting for results
* Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups, and particularly with youth
* Commitment to open communication and collaboration in a team environment
* Demonstrated skills in experiential learning, as well as knowledge of or experience working in the formal education sector in Atlantic Canada
* Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
* Clear, engaging and effective written communications skills and an ability to adapt to various audiences
* Demonstrated good judgment and discretion, particularly when working with youth
* Demonstrated ability to organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, monitor progress towards goals, and track information
* Demonstrated initiative and creativity
* Ability to communicate in both official languages an asset
Please submit, as one document, your resume, cover letter (include where you heard about the job posting) and the names and contact information of three references. The attached document should be titled in the following format "LAST NAME_FIRST NAME_Program Officer" and submitted by e-mail to hiring at acic-caci.org<mailto:hiring at acic-caci.org> by 4:00 pm AST on January 15th, 2016. Please ensure that you indicate the job title in your subject line. Thank you for applying. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to arrange for an interview.
As an equity seeking organization, ACIC encourages applications from individuals that represent the full diversity of communities in Canada, including complexities of intersecting identities such as ability, age, class, gender, race and sexual orientation.
Communications and Program Officer
Atlantic Council for International Cooperation
210-2099 Gottingen St., Halifax, NS B3K 3B2
(t) 902.431.2311 (f) 431.3216
(w) www. acic-caci.org<http://www.acic-caci.org/>
Join us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Atlantic-Council-for-International-Cooperation/100593573368049>
Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/#!/acic>!
If you don't want to receive emails from ACIC please reply to this email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 15882 bytes
More information about the sust-mar