[Sust-mar] Board members needed, vol., Sierra Club, anywhere in Canada

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Jan 21 15:09:22 EST 2016

* Work in environment, conservation & nature: GoodWork.ca *

Board Members Needed

Sierra Club Canada - Call for board members

Position: Board Director http://GoodWork.ca/970823
Type: nonprofit board of directors positions (volunteer)
Location: anywhere in Canada

Who we are:

For over 50 years, Sierra Club Canada (SCC) has been a leader in promoting environmental protection in Canada. SCC is distinguished from many other Canadian environmental groups by its status as a non-charitable not-for-profit, which allows us more freedom to be politically active than a charity can be.

For the past 2 years, SCC has been undergoing a major restructuring process. Much of the great environmental work and programs associated with the Sierra name have been moved into the Sierra Club Canada Foundation, which is a registered charity and is able to issue charitable receipts to its donors. This has cleared the way for SCC to refocus on its role as a grassroots political voice for the environment in Canada. This is where you come in: you will help in refining this vision, building capacity and networks, and carving a new path for our organization.

Who you are:

You have experience on a board of directors, alternatively you have a thorough understanding of the responsibilities and duties that come with board membership.

You are a skilled and enthusiastic person who cares about the environment and wants to engage in political work for environmental causes. You can contribute to a vision of how Sierra Club Canada should use its unique voice. You are willing and able to help in campaigning, fundraising, managing contractors and volunteers, and overseeing the Club's finances.

Your responsibility:

Board members meet every two months for regular meetings by phone. Commitment is a minimum of 1-2 hours per week on average, with the option for more involvement. As the organization is in a state of transition, board members will have a voice in shaping their roles going forward.

Legal requirements:

You are a Canadian resident at least 18 years of age. You are of sound mind and are not bankrupt. You do not need to be a member of Sierra Club Canada or the Sierra Club Canada Foundation.

How to apply:

If you wish to be considered for Sierra Club Canada's Board of Directors, please submit a CV and cover letter by February 15th to:
president at sierraclub.ca

Depending on the number of qualified candidates, we aim to appoint between 1 and 3 new members to the board at our upcoming board meeting in March.

http://GoodWork.ca/970823

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=32807

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca