[sust-mar] Membership Canvass Supervisor, f/t, Ecology Action Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Jul 27 12:02:17 EDT 2016

* Work in environment, conservation & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
http://GoodWork.ca/928653

Ecology Action Centre – Full-time Job – External Posting

Position: Membership Canvass Supervisor
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

The Ecology Action Centre (EAC) is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and goal driven individual to lead an effective fundraising membership canvassing team. The EAC runs a year-round canvassing program to engage individuals around environmental issues and to support the growth and financial stability of the Centre. The Membership Canvass Supervisor will assist to implement our membership strategy and ensure EAC achieves its annual membership targets.

About the Ecology Action Centre

Since 1971, the Ecology Action Centre has been working at the local, regional, national and more recently, international level to build a healthier and more sustainable world. We are proud to be a member-based organization with over 4,500 members and more than 300 volunteers. Our areas of focus include Energy, Transportation, Built Environment, Marine, Coastal & Water, Wilderness and Food. Our cross-cutting themes are: Climate Change, Environmental Justice and Biodiversity.

Specific Responsibilities

1. Help to recruit and develop a dynamic and consistent canvass team..

2. Ensure canvassers meet targets, including through on-turf training and coaching.

3. Canvass with your team while maintaining a personal average of $35 per canvasser hour consistently over two week and four week periods.

4. Provide accurate cash out sheets and data input to Canvass Time Tracking excel sheet at the end of each day, as well as providing updates on canvasser performance to the Membership Canvass Coordinator and EAC updates to the canvass team.

5. Prepare team shift schedules for both the door to door and street team.

6. Map and plan canvassing routes and travel logistics while working outside of Halifax.

7. Plan and coordinate travel, including camping/accommodations when necessary for travelling canvass teams.

8. Ensure that the Canvassing Code of Conduct is upheld by the team.

9. Generate and use Personal Primer Results (PPRs)

10. Participate in and support the overall work of the Ecology Action Centre

Skills and Experience

Required
• A strong interest and passion for the health of our environment
• Exemplary communication skills
• A proven track record in fundraising or sales
• Experience in leadership roles or management

Desirable
• Ability to commit for a 2 year time period
• Interest in developing a career in fundraising
• Background in public speaking, employee supervision, relationship building or marketing
• Experience with CiviCRM or Raiser’s Edge or other database software

What you will love about this job:
• work with one of Canada’s most respected environmental organizations
• develop your leadership skills
• spend lots of your day outside
• work with dynamic and inspiring colleagues
• make a difference in the world

Start Date: Monday August 15th, 2016.

Wage and Benefits: $16.50/hour; 35 hours/week (Monday – Friday, hours will vary between daytime and early evening) / 4 weeks paid vacation/ cost shared benefits plan.

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia in EAC’s wonderful green office

Application: Cover letter, resume and three references. Please submit your application in the form of a pdf document with required elements in the following order: cover letter, resume, references.

Deadline: Friday August 5th 2016. Interviews will be held Wednesday August 10th from 10 a.m. – 3p.m. at EAC.

Attention: Dana Lipnicki, Membership Canvass Coordinator:
dana at ecologyaction.ca

We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.

The Ecology Action Centre is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from individuals in traditionally marginalized groups such as: racialized people, Indigenous people, lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender and queer people, and persons with disabilities. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter or application if they are a member of a marginalized community. Diversity is a stated value of the Ecology Action Centre. Moreover, diversity in the EAC community is a strength that we seek to cultivate. It is the responsibility of every employee of EAC to foster a culture that embraces and promotes diversity.

http://GoodWork.ca/928653

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=35682

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca