[sust-mar] ACIC Symposium free keynote address

Janelle Frail Janelle at acic-caci.org
Thu Jun 2 10:27:27 EDT 2016

As part of ACIC's Symposium we invite you to a keynote address by Shelagh Savage Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships at Coady International Institute<http://www.coady.stfx.ca/>.

What: Keynote address by Shelagh Savage "Reflecting and Re-thinking for Global Change" followed by a reception open to the public

Where: Scotiabank Theatre, Sobey Building, Saint Mary's University, Halifax

When: Thurs. June. 9th at 7pm

See full details about the Symposium schedule, workshops, panel and gala evening, and how to register (before June 6th) here: www.acicsymposium.org<http://www.acicsymposium.org>.

Reflecting and Re-thinking for Global Change
As a regional community we are fortunate to come together and celebrate  40+ years of international cooperation.  And as we collectively reflect on what has been achieved and learned, we have an opportunity to reflect on what we could be doing even better - or differently - in working for global social change.
With a universal agenda, the Sustainable Development Goals challenge us to re-think how we tackle inequality, poverty and climate change - wherever in the world they exist.  Now more than ever is the time to value volunteerism, work toward equitable partnership and actively engage citizens around the globe. Challenging, yes - but also an opportunity to build on the great work being done and collaborate differently to do it even better!

Janelle Frail
Communications and Membership Officer
Atlantic Council for International Cooperation
210-2099 Gottingen St., Halifax, NS B3K 3B2
(t) 902.431.2311 (f) 431.3216
(w) www. acic-caci.org<http://www.acic-caci.org/>
Join us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Atlantic-Council-for-International-Cooperation/100593573368049>
Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/#!/acic>!

If you don't want to receive emails from ACIC please reply to this email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.