[sust-mar] Project Coordinator, f/t, Summerhill, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Jun 29 15:49:49 EDT 2016

* Work in environment, conservation & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
http://GoodWork.ca/929353

Position: Project Coordinator
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Summerhill has been a leader on energy efficiency issues since 1993. Today, we specialize in engaging electric and gas utilities customers in ways that achieve their targets. Our goal is to bring knowledge, enthusiasm and insight to our utility clients in order to build stronger relationships with their customers.

Summerhill is a certified B-Corp, was named one of Canada’s Best Workplaces three years running, and continues to win awards for its culture, people, and numerous energy efficiency programs. The company is based in Toronto, Ontario with offices in Halifax, Nova Scotia; Regina, Saskatchewan; and Jacksonville, Florida. We have 45 full-time employees and over 600 contractors working as auditors, energy managers, and in-field representatives.

Our clientele includes more than 40 utilities, 70 retailers and 18 manufacturers, as well as industry associations, educational institutions, government agencies, and not-for-profit organizations

Job Title: Project Coordinator
Job Type: 12 month contract with possibility of extension

Location: Halifax

Job Summary

Summerhill is building the capacity of our project management team in Halifax, Nova Scotia and invite candidates with experience in project coordination and a willingness to take on challenging programs and new opportunities to apply. The Project Coordinator supports the cohesive and consistent delivery of our programs on time, on target, on budget and within established quality standards. This role reports to the Senior Director, Halifax.

Responsibilities:

Project Support
• Support the activities of the Program Manager
• Works according to an established project plan
• Supports day to day project deliverables as determined by project plan
• Assist with development of marketing and outreach plans
• Assist in delivering training to field based staff and assist in managing the field team
• Establishes and oversees various vendor and supplier relationships
• Effectively applies Summerhill methodology and enforces project quality standards.
• Works to ensure minimal organizational exposure and risk on project(s).
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Ensures project learnings and outcomes are captured and reported for future reference.
• Effectively conveys corporate message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
• Facilitates interpersonal communication effectively.
• Keeps project manager well informed of status of all deliverables
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Tracks lessons learned over the course of a project and shares those lessons with team members and as part of project close-out process.

• Post secondary education in a relevant field including energy/resource management, business, marketing, etc.
• Demonstrates knowledge of energy conservation and familiarity with relevant provincial residential and commercial incentive programs.
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively support multiple projects.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills in order to effectively work cross functionally; source information, obtain approvals, build relationships, and provide sufficient influence to achieve success.
• Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Connect and Google Applications with an aptitude to learn internal software and other relevant applications
• Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.

Summerhill is an Equal Opportunity Employer

If you are an experienced project coordinator, please send a cover letter and resume to Tiffany Leung:
resumes at baystreethr.com
by July 15th, 2016.

We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

http://GoodWork.ca/929353

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=35392

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca