[sust-mar] Growing Food / Agriculture Coord., f/t, Fredericton, New Brunswick

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Mon May 30 16:42:45 EDT 2016

* Work in healthy, local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
http://FoodWork.ca/946943

Position: Agricultural Coordinator
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick

The Ville Cooperative is hiring a passionate, self-directed, and knowledgable Agricultural Coordinator.

Could this be YOU?
... We want to know!

Are you a forward thinker with big ideas for sustainable, local, and healthy food systems in our community? Do you have a degree, internship, experience, or passion for agriculture and food? Our team is growing and you may be just the ticket! We are looking for a key individual that can take on and further enrich our Food Security mission and mandate. Someone that values grassroot community development and sustainability. A team player who is ready to redefine the way that we grow, produce, source, prepare, and think about food.

Anything less simply won’t do.

The Ville Cooperative is hiring a down-to-earth, community minded, not-afraid-to-get-covered-in-soil, agricultural Champion who is eager to tackle food (in)security in the community in a BIG way.

Throughout the summer months our Agriculture Coordinator will be the lead on a number of outdoor projects, from tending gardens to organizing volunteer days to building partnerships with like-minded organizations! As the Agricultural Coordinator you will be responsible for wearing a number of different hats - and we need to hire a personality type that will thrive in that fast-paced, upbeat position. In the Winter the Agricultural Coordinator transition into a role more focused on reflecting on the past growing season and planning for the next. Additionally, you will be responsible for designing and over-seeing a Micro-Greens initiative here at The Ville Cooperative.

As The Ville Cooperative's Agriculatural Coordinator, you will be responsbile for:
• Overseeing the 2016 Community Gardens - everything from installation, to sign-ups, to workshops, to volunteers;
• Building partnerships with like-minded organizations, groups, and community members. Identifying and obtaining great opportunities for partnership and collaboration;
• Occasional grant writing as it pertains to Food Security and Agricultural funding opportunities;
• Working alongside the Program Director to build, design, and implement educational programming around Food Security;

To fill this position, the qualifications that we need you to have so that we can have you on the team include:
• Prior to hiring, the submission of a clean Criminal Record check;
• Upon hire, completion of First Aid and CPR certification;
• Formal education or experience in growing food with a general knowledge of the complexities and gains of successful local food systems;
• A great personality for working with people of various demographics. Upbeat, positive, and fun!;
• The ability to work as a member of our team as well as the ability to accomplish tasks with little to no direct supervision;
• Well exercised organizational and communication skills;
• The capacity to think on your feet and problem solve in a rapid and ever changing environment;
• The physical ability to labour and lead outdoor garden activities which might include, but are not limited to, moving soil, building garden displays, bending and kneeling;
• Have a moderate level of competency with hand and power tools;
• Be exceptionally awesome.

If you’re passionate about being a community leader and a catalyst of meaningful change, we’ve got the one-of-a-kind Community Centre that will re-define how communities interact with food
.

Let’s collaborate to build resilient, happy, food secure communities - one garden plot at a time!

If you think you are the person we are looking for, email us your resume, CV, and any other supporting documentation you’ve got to:
info at theville.ca

Don’t be shy! Get creative and tell us why you want to join the team! We can’t wait to hear from you.

http://FoodWork.ca/946943

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/job=34964

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms