[sust-mar] Atlantic Canada Programs Coordinator, f/t, Sierra Club, Atlantic Canada

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Oct 25 14:48:54 EDT 2016

* Work in environment, conservation & nature - GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING / CONTRACT
http://GoodWork.ca/983663

Position: Atlantic Canada Programs Coordinator
Type: 3-month f/t contract, options for long-term (see below)
Location: Atlantic Canada (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI, Newfoundland & Labrador)

We are looking for an energetic and dedicated individual to coordinate programs and volunteers in the Atlantic Canada Chapter of Sierra Club Canada Foundation. This is a three month position with an option to renew, depending on performance and outcomes. You will be working closely with the National Program Director (based in Halifax) and take direction from the Atlantic Canada Executive Committee.

About Sierra Club Canada Foundation - Atlantic Chapter

Sierra Club Atlantic is a vibrant grassroots organization that empowers people to protect, restore, and enjoy a healthy safe planet. We are a chapter of Canada’s only national grassroots environmental organization, working to bring your community’s concerns to the attention of regional and national leaders. Together, we are a credible, influential voice, working to make a better world a reality. The Atlantic Chapter works through education and action to green the economy and protect the environment. We engage in projects designed to connect children to nature, protect wildlife and wild spaces, and to offer solutions to climate change.

Duties include
• Coordinating local volunteers, staff, and contractors delivering programming in Atlantic Canada (some projects include: Wild Child, Watch for Wildlife, Energy and Climate Change, and Re-imagining Halifax Harbour)
• Program development and fundraising
• Education, empowerment, and awareness regarding the endangered blue whale
• Promoting clean energy and energy conservation in Atlantic Canada through events, stakeholder engagement, and policy development
• Collaborating with Sierra Club entities on programs on issues of regional, national, and international scope
• Coordinating with the national organization on fundraising and proposal writing activities
• Supporting the Chapter Executive Committee
• Event planning and coordination
• Responding to media inquiries and performing outreach on traditional and social media platforms
• Project Budgeting

Qualifications
• Passion for environment and movement building
• Experience in fundraising
• Managerial experience, both in terms of working with paid staff and contractors and volunteers
• Excellent communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in French and English an asset

Renumeration:

This is a short term staff position ending Dec. 31st. with options for longterm employment depending on performance and outcomes. Pay rate is minimum $18/ hour, with range depending on experience, F/T position.

Location

Atlantic Canada

To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV to Gretchen Fitzgerald at gretchenf at sierraclub.ca by 4 pm Atlantic Time Nov. 4th. For more information on the position, please call 902-444-7096.

http://GoodWork.ca/983663

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=36638

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca