[sust-mar] Jobs with Canada Green Corps, f/t, 18-30 year olds, across Canada

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Sun Oct 30 12:29:31 EDT 2016

* Work in environment & sustainability: GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTINGS
http://GoodWork.ca/965663

Positions: Jobs across Canada – work-integrated learning placements with various companies, governments, associations, universities and civil society organizations across Canada
Type: full-time 4 or 6 months jobs/paid internships, for unemployed or underemployed Canadian 18 to 30 year olds, inclusive (see Eligibility)
Program: Canada Green Corps (a program of UNA-Canada)
Locations: across Canada

UNA-Canada's Canada Greeen Corps provides successful applicants with invaluable, demanding, deeply meaningful work-integrated learning experience within the green sphere, as well as a proven bridge to employment. The Programme provides professional development support including: job readiness, professional resume preparation; access to our exclusive mentorship programme before, during and after their deployments. UNA-Canada is proud to be part of the professional development of youth across the country. CGC participants will play important roles in Canada's carbon reduction and greening efforts for years to come, as well as have lead roles in the implementation of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda.

UNA-Canada, with a mandate to Grow Global Citizens, has developed CGC to provide innovative work-integrated learning experiences to talented young Canadians looking and to provide this disciplined experience and career bridge.

Info:
• The application deadline is for the 6-month placement is Wednesday, November 2. The application process will open again Nov. 14th to Nov. 25th for 4 months placements starting January 30th.
• Must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or persons who have received Refugee status in Canada.
• Placements are typically four- or six-months in length.
• The placements are paid -- UNA-Canada provides an approximately 50% wage subsidy for employers hiring youth for the placements
• Applications should have completed high school, at a minimum, but we do accept a diverse group of youth, including those who have completed trade/technical diplomas, bachelors, masters, PhD, etc. Unfortunately, co-op students are not able to apply.
• Successful applicants will be deployed end of November (for the six-month placements) or end of January (for the four-month placements) depending on availability.

To apply, please visit our website:
http://unac.org/unac-projects/canada-green-corps/

http://GoodWork.ca/965663

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=36656

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca