[sust-mar] Fwd: Mikmaq water defenders and allies - call to peaceful action

Sustainable Maritimes sustmar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 11:44:29 EDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Carla Conrod <carlaconrod at gmail.com>
To: sust-mar at list.web.net
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 16:07:06 -0300
Subject: Mikmaq water defenders and allies - call to peaceful action

To Mikmaq water defenders and allies

Next weekend (Sept 10 and 11) we will be building a fish weir across the
Alton dump brine site in the bay. There will be nothing illegal about this,
in a safe zone, across the river or actually half way across the river.

We will use this weir for three purposes: one for food to eat, two for
trade and sale and third ,and most important, we will be making this area
an Inner bay of fundy salmon conservation area and we will use weir to
count and record any endangered species and help us with a baseline.

We will need to build a weir. Darren Porter is donating his time and
expertise, but we have to build it and fish it.

So next weekend Saturday and Sunday, September 10th and 11th we will need
another production line. We will need lots of men and women to help cut
treees and build weir. As you can see in the pictures, women and children
can do the weaving and men help with getting the poles.

The other thing I would need is Univsersity or conservation peoples to
assist in the conservation work we are going to be doing here.

Please tag any friends who maybe able.to help us with conservation side.

Please share and come out again next weekend to establish our critical
habitat conservation zone for species at risk.

If DFO doesnt do it we will have to.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/367128616772242/?notif_t=
group_name_change&notif_id=1473101716245824

Also this is happening in North Dakota :  3000 standing up for the water!

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2016/09/04/
manning-and-then-dogs-came-dakota-access-gets-violent-
destroys-graves-sacred-sites-165677

Water is sacred!

Sincerely,

Carla Conrod
carlaconrod at gmail.com
*Mobile:  902 448-4744 <902%20448-4744>*

"We're going to create and define Canada in a way that it should have been
defined in the first place: inclusive, equal, just, compassionate, all
those wonderful words we subscribe to all the time." Chief Robert Joseph
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/walk-for-reconciliation
-draws-thousands-to-downtown-ottawa-1.3094606

"Living in harmony with Mother Earth requires us to end consumerism,
excessive spending and luxury, consuming only what is needed, lowering the
global economic bar to levels of production and consumption of energy that
the health and resources of the planet allow."
-David Choquehuanca, Aymara Foreign Minister, Bolivia

"Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound
together. All things connect."
-Chief Seattle

"The greatest wisdom is in simplicity. Love, respect, tolerance, sharing,
gratitude, forgiveness. It's not complex or elaborate. The real knowledge
is free. Carlos Barrios found at http://www.2012connect.com/
profiles/blogs/mayan-elder-carlos-barrios

To restore harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother, we must learn that
Mother Earth is not a resource, but the very source of life itself. - Chief
Arvol Looking Horse

<http://t.sidekickopen65.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJN7t5XYgd76_sVf6xRg63JW18VS9Tpj56dM2Yf14qRDP02?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.woodlandgold.com%2F&si=6048005655887872&pi=d2a940bb-feb0-4346-bdf4-afe166bda85e>

--
Sustainable Maritimes
http://SustainableMaritimes.ca/
sustmar at gmail.com