[sust-mar] How much is our forest worth? Thurs Sept 22, St. Margaret's Bay NS

Sustainable Maritimes sustmar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 17:47:48 EDT 2016

*How Much is Our Forest Worth?*

A workshop in valuing natural capital led by GPI Atlantic Founder, Ron
Colman

Thursday, September 22, 1:30 to 4:30

GPI Atlantic space in St. Margarets Bay (upstairs at Paul’s Hall, 12286
Peggy’s Cove Rd.)

Limited space, contact Gwen Colman to register:
gwen at gpiatlantic.org or 902 489-7007

The workshop will be the beginning of an ongoing working group to respond
to Nova Scotia forestry policy changes and to work on meaningful case
studies for local change.

Dr. Ron Colman is founder of GPI Atlantic <http://www.gpiatlantic.org>, a
non-profit research group in Nova Scotia that, over 15 years, constructed
comprehensive measures of wellbeing and full-cost accounts called the
Genuine Progress Index and has worked in Bhutan for more than a decade on
its holistic measures of progress that integrate social, economic and
environmental objectives. We will be using GPI Atlantic’s work on valuing
natural capital, particularly the NS Forest Accounts and Forestry Headline
Indicators (http://www.gpiatlantic.org/publications/naturalcapital.htm).

--
Sustainable Maritimes
http://SustainableMaritimes.ca/