[sust-mar] Organic farm caretakers needed for 2017, accom., Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Sep 21 11:59:00 EDT 2016

* Work in healthy, local and organic food - FoodWork.ca  /  EcoProperty.ca *

CARETAKING OPPORTUNITY
http://FoodWork.ca/977263

Wanted – caretakers for our rural property on North shore of NS for 2017

Position: Organic Farm Caretakers
Type: work-stay / volunteer / self-employment
Location: North Shore, Nova Scotia, Canada (live-in)

Are you in a situation where you are wanting to live the rural farming (or similar) life but are unable to afford to purchase or lease land?

We have an amazing opportunity for interested person(s), ideally suited to a couple or two single people. We are seeking caretakers for our farm while we volunteer overseas. We are located between Pictou & Tatamagouche. We are offering a place to stay for free while we are away in exchange for taking care of our chickens, dogs, cats and our place. We have a modest 2 bedroom home, wood stove heat, solar power for most our electrical needs, several small greenhouses and other infrastructure. We have 2 asparagus beds that one person can maintain (weeding!!), with one bed that can be harvested and produce sold in order to garner some income.

We are offering folks the chance to try their hand at market gardening/small scale farming (using non-agribusiness methods, so essentially organic methods) for the 2017 season. We have the land & equipment that would be needed. You will need your own vehicle. The only costs to be covered by caretakers would be their food & utilities (phone & internet, electricity, some propane for cooking, some wood for woodstove). We are looking for folks who are seeking to live a self-sufficient, environmentally sustainable lifestyle. You must demonstrate your familiarity and thus interest in permaculture, transition town and preppers. Some experience with farm animals and simply a love of animals is required. Experience with woodstove heat is also necessary. References will be required as well as a security deposit. Unfortunately you can’t have your own pets as we are a full house with our own and this is non-negotiable. Only serious inquiries please.

Contact Wilma at wwolfvan at yahoo.com and provide your phone number in order for me to contact you.

http://FoodWork.ca/977263

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=36277

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca