[sust-mar] Nova Scotia Celebration of Nature May 26-28 at Milford House

Young Naturalists Club yncns at yahoo.ca
Mon Mar 20 11:59:43 EDT 2017

*Registration is open for the Nova Scotia Celebration of Nature at
Milford House!
*

Nature Nova Scotia invites you to its annual Nova Scotia Celebration of
Nature, to be held on the weekend of May 26–28, 2016. This year we will
be getting together at the historic Milford House, located near
Kejimkujik National Park, with rooms, meals, hiking, canoeing and nature
just steps – or a paddle stroke – away.

As usual, we are happy to combine interests and forces with the Young
Naturalist Club. Adult and youth schedules are posted on our respective
websites (naturens.ca; yncns.ca). *We have bursaries available for youth
between the ages of 8-12 of $100 each for those choosing the Conference
package at Milford House*. You must contact Robin yncns at yncns.ca
<mailto:yncns at yncns.ca> for bursary approval prior to registering.

The theme for this weekend gathering is “Exploring the Forests of
Southwest Nova Scotia.”

On Friday evening we begin with conference registration and a wine and
cheese reception. Saturday and Sunday mornings, after an early morning
bird walk and breakfast, we will have illustrated talks for the adults
while the youth participate in hands on outdoor activities, followed by
a communal lunch and afternoon field trips. Saturday before dinner we
will have a sing along with Little Miss Moffat and a campfire with Frank
Meuse and Shalan Joudry from nearby Bear River First Nation after
dinner. Skies permitting, we’ll do some stargazing as well.

Microsoft Word - NNS_AGM2017_PresidentWelcome.do
Milford House has offered us a great package of $156pp (taxes included)
for Youth rates ages 6-12 and Adult rates are $237pp (there is also a
$20 program fee for adults but no fee for youth program]. This package
included a social Friday night, two breakfasts and lunches, a banquet
dinner and snack breaks plus two nights accommodation.

*Registration deadline is April 20^th *for this package at Milford
House. There are many other places to stay close by in Annapolis Royal
and options to attend just programming and purchase individual meals at
Milford as well.

Contact Robin at yncns at yncns.ca for more information

*
*