[sust-mar] Summer job: Nature interpreters, McNabs Island, Halifax NS

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue May 2 12:25:48 EDT 2017

* Work in environment, conservation & nature - GoodWork.ca *

SUMMER STUDENT JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/921104

Friends of McNabs Island
Summer Students Job Description 2017
McNabs Island Summer Interpreters

Position: Island Interpreters
Type: summer job / summer student position
Location: McNabs Island, Halifax/Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

The Friends of McNabs Island Society is hiring TWO university/college students again this summer (35 hrs/week for 12 weeks) to start work JUNE 1. The pay range is $13.50-14.50/hr depending on experience. The students must be under 30, registered as full-time students and returning to school full-time in the fall.

The job duties are varied and would be suitable for students from several disciplines including: environmental science, biology, horticulture, business, tourism, public relations, planning, recreation, education, graphic arts, history, Atlantic Canada studies, archaeology, architecture or carpentry.

Both students must be excellent written and oral communicators, work well with children on field trips to the island, and must be able to work as a team as McNabs Island interpreters. Both students must be physically fit and love being outdoors, even in the rain and cold. They must be willing to work weekends on McNabs Island. When not on the island, the students will work out of a small office in Dartmouth close to the Alderney ferry terminal. Some of the job duties include:
• providing guided tours for McNabs Island visitors including youth groups,
• doing island maintenance work such as garbage/recyclable cleanup, trail and garden maintenance, Teahouse restoration
• promoting McNabs Island as an outdoor classroom and nature park,
• marketing our Discover McNabs Island book and brochures/maps,
• researching and writing stories about McNabs Island
• updating our brochures, display, and social media.

Jobs will be posted until May 11 or until the positions are filled. Please send resume, cover letter and references combined into ONE  “WORD” format document and include your name in the file name i.e. jackorjilljones.doc and email to:
info at mcnabsisland.ca

Helping the Friends of McNabs Island is a unique summer student experience like no other job you will ever have!

https://GoodWork.ca/921104

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=40112

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca