[sust-mar] Wildlife Management Officer - birds of prey, f/t, Halifax/Dartmouth/Shearwater, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Sep 1 18:17:47 EDT 2017

* Work in nature, conservation & environment - GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING / INTERNSHIP
https://GoodWork.ca/914424

Position: Wildlife Management Officer
Type: paid contract/internship for science graduates under 30 years of age
Location: Shearwater, Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia

The Raptors is a bird of prey and falconry organization dedicated to raising awareness for birds of prey and promoting conservation. We have a facility based in Duncan, BC, but do work across Canada – both in education and wildlife management. We also work closely with a local non-profit organization, the Raptor Rescue Society, that rescues and rehabilitates injured raptors.

The Raptors is hiring for a Wildlife Management Officer based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia. This position would be primarily at an airbase in Halifax, helping to mitigate bird strike risk. Daily duties include; daily care and management of trained raptors (falcons and hawks), daily wildlife management duties (patrolling, preventative techniques, flying raptors, other methods), and daily liaising with the site to ensure all wildlife management issues are resolved. This position would require initial training for 2-3 months at our BC base, and then on-going training in Halifax for 6+ months.

The suitable Candidate would have:
• Degree in Science or similar diploma
• Adaptability to a variety of work and tasks
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work with a team, as well as be self-directed at times
• Excellent communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Passion for and experience with animals, especially birds

Exceptional candidates may also possess the following:
• A valid PAL
• A valid Nova Scotia hunting license.
• First aid training and experience.
• Outdoor field skills.

Please submit a cover letter and resume to jobs at the-raptors.com , or enquire for more information on the position. Program is funded through Ecocanada, for science graduates under 30 years of age.

Applications close September 12th at noon. A questionnaire may be sent out to chosen applications, and interviews will occur the last two weeks of September with starting date in October.

Salary to be determined with benefits available after 3 months.

To apply, please e-mail your resume and a brief covering letter to:
isaac at the-raptors.com
subject: Wildlife Management Officer

https://GoodWork.ca/914424

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=42441

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca