[sust-mar] Registration for the 2018 Nature Nova Scotia Celebration of Nature is now open!

Robin Musselman yncns at yahoo.ca
Wed Apr 4 08:54:25 EDT 2018

This year the Nova Scotia Celebration of Nature is being held at the
Debert Hospitality Centre (May 25 - 27 2018) which gives us an
opportunity to explore some amazing places in the centre of the
Province. Rates are very reasonable with adults ($175-$195pp) and youth
under 12 at $63 each for the weekend.More details and all the agendas
and registration forms can be found on our website at:
http://naturens.ca/ync/events/2018-nature-nova-scotia-celebration-of-nature/

<http://naturens.ca/ync/events/2018-nature-nova-scotia-celebration-of-nature/>

The theme this year is Species at Risk in Nova Scotia and we will have
three interesting guest speakers including:

*/*/“Nova Scotia Landbird Species at Risk” – a report byDr. Cindy
Staicer /* /*

*//**//**//**//**//**//**//**//**//**//**//**//**//**/“Raising Monarch
Butterflies”-Larry Bogan/*

*/“Acadian Forests and their Inhabitants at Risk” -Bob Bancroft/*

*/
/**//*

Afternoon field trips are scheduled to: Proposed Wentworth Valley
Wilderness Area, Wallace River, North Nova Forestry Demo Woodlot, Little
Dyke, Mi'kmawey Debert Interpretive Trail, Cobequid Hills, MacElmon's
Pond etc...

//*//*

The youth program will be chartering a bus and having an all day field
trip on the Saturday to the beautiful Wallace Bay National Wildlife Area
<https://ec.gc.ca/ap-pa/default.asp?lang=En&n=AFDC6AFB-1&wbdisable=true>
where we will be joined by Liza Barney from Bird Studies Canada and
Becky Parker from Ducks Unlimited who will guide us through several
hands on and engaging activities. Some $50 bursaries will be available
for youth.

*DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION Is Thursday April 26 2018. *Note Nature Nova
Scotia has a cancellation fee of $20 and a strict policy of no refunds
after May 10

If you have any further questions please contact Jeannie at
ejgibson at ns.sympatico.ca  or for youth program inquiries contact Robin
at yncns at yncns.ca <mailto:yncns at yncns.ca>