[sust-mar] Philanthropy Manager, f/t, Nova Scotia Nature Trust, Dartmouth/Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Apr 20 14:45:39 EDT 2018

* Work in nature, conservation & environment - GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/968254

Position: Philanthropy Manager
Location: Dartmouth, Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia

Seeking a rewarding philanthropic role with a dynamic, charismatic charity that is achieving tangible, lasting conservation impact? An organization with a positive, uplifting, and good news mandate? Where your combined passion for nature and for philanthropy can really make a difference?

Join the Nature Trust team and help to protect Nova Scotia’s most special places, from towering old growth forests and pristine coastal wilderness, to habitat for endangered wildlife. The Nature Trust protects and stewards these special places for future generations, in partnership with landowners, local communities and enthusiastic volunteers all across the province. We provide opportunities for people to explore, experience and learn about the natural world and to take action in caring for our treasured natural legacy.

The Nature Trust has experienced unprecedented conservation success, profile and public awareness in recent years and is poised for significant and exciting days ahead. We have created a new position to build on this momentum to ensure a sustainable future for our organization.

Our Ideal Candidate—Is this You?

Our new Philanthropy Manager, reporting to our Philanthropy Director, is responsible for planning and implementing key elements of our philanthropic program including annual giving, corporate partnerships and grant-seeking.

To advance our strategic priority of greater and more sustaining annual revenues, you will focus on broadening and deepening relationships with our supporters and building new and creative revenue streams.

You are truly passionate about nature and will help to instill a spirit and culture of philanthropy throughout our organization, programs and our community.

You are, above all else, a successful communicator and relationship-builder, who can write and speak with passion and find common ground that engages donors, partners and stakeholders in meaningful and rewarding ways in the mission of the Nature Trust. You are accomplished at attracting new donors, and moving donors to greater levels of commitment and engagement, and you are successful at making fundraising asks. You are equally comfortable at a kitchen table getting to know a long-time donor or presenting a highly strategic cause-marketing pitch to a large corporate partner. You have a track record of creating persuasive communication pieces that are meaningful to donors and effective in driving philanthropy.

You are an enthusiastic, results-oriented professional with a proven track record in developing and implementing effective fundraising plans and meeting (or exceeding) revenue targets. As a conscientious team player, you exhibit good self-management skills and also thrive in a dynamic environment. You love to learn and have the ambition, drive, results-focus and expertise to advance innovative philanthropy, at a whole new level, for the Nature Trust.

Position Description

Primary Responsibilities

Oversee and deliver key elements of our philanthropic program in collaboration with the Philanthropy Director:
• Plan and implement a successful annual campaign (mail/email appeals, online giving, social marketing etc.)
• Plan and implement a new business partnerships initiative, generating sustainable annual revenues through a diverse range of partnerships
• Oversee all grant-seeking and reporting, in collaboration with the Conservation Team
• Cultivate, steward and manage relationships with donors, partners and stakeholders, including ongoing communication and engagement and personal visits
• Help to generate and implement creative new revenue streams
• Set and meet (or exceed) annual fund development targets
• Work cooperatively with other staff

Manage, analyze and report on prospects, donors and fund development programs using The Raiser’s Edge database, with administrative and technical support for data entry and processing

Oversee communications, public relations and marketing to support the philanthropy program

Your work will complement the work of other philanthropy team members focused on major gifts, planning giving and capital/special campaigns.

Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Additional incentives include benefits, AFP membership, professional development opportunities and flex-time.
• Full-time, permanent position (we can explore flexible/alternative working arrangements for the right candidate)

Most important, you’ll be working for a cause that truly matters. You will be working with a passionate, incredibly devoted team of staff and volunteers. And every day, you will be rewarded by the connections you build with our truly wonderful donors, and by the tangible conservation achievements that you make possible through the philanthropy you harness.

Application Information

Qualifications

The position is a senior position and will be of interest to an individual with some or all of the following professional and personal attributes:
• Minimum five years of experience in fund development (or related field with directly transferrable skills and experience)
• University or College degree

Skills, Knowledge and Experience

Philanthropy
• Demonstrated track record in setting and consistently achieving fund development targets (>$100K/yr) (or relevant, directly applicable experience and knowledge)
• Experience in a donor-centric approach to fundraising
• Solid understanding and working knowledge of effective fund development strategies, processes, donor motivation and engagement, philanthropic trends and best practices
• Experience executing successful annual campaigns such as:
• Creating and coordinating effective mail/email appeals that result in solid donor acquisition, retention and increased giving
• Managing and fostering increased on-line giving
• Using social media as a tool in raising funds
• Familiarity with donor moves management: identification, qualification, acquisition, stewardship, retention, cultivation, recognition, increasing levels of donor engagement and giving
• Track record in identifying, planning, building and sustaining effective, strategic corporate partnerships including cause-marketing, sponsorships and charitable giving (or relevant, directly applicable experience and knowledge)
• Strong track record in successful grant-seeking for a variety of foundations and government programs (or relevant, directly applicable experience and knowledge)
• Demonstrated success in working effectively with fundraising volunteers and committees

Communications/Marketing
• Strong writing skills, particularly creating engaging, persuasive, effective donor communications materials and resources (appeals, impact reports etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and communicate with a variety of audiences, including donors, volunteers, committees, senior management and corporate partners
• Highly effective public speaking and presentation skills, with proven results

Other Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Effective management abilities (managing programs and managing people and teams)
• Excellent organizational, systems management and administrative skills
• Strong research skills and analytical skills
• Experience with not-for-profit organizations
• Highly comfortable with computers and technology

Key Attributes
• Passionate about nature/believe in the mission of the Nature Trust
• Enthusiasm and a positive, engaging friendly, respectful approach
• Strong sense of drive, ambition and ability to take initiative and see ideas/projects/initiatives through to completion
• A strategic thinker who is able to prioritize well and maximize impact
• Highly professional, mature, diplomatic
• Highly organized with attention to detail, accuracy and thorough record-keeping
• Ability to inspire—donors, volunteers, staff team, media, partners
• A good listener, able to put people at ease, build trust and forge strong relationships
• Resourceful and creative

Other Desirable Assets/Attributes
• Certified Fundraising Executive designation; Member with the Association of Fundraising Professionals
• Experience using Raisers’ Edge donor management software (tracking fundraising actions and information, creating reports, using/analyzing data strategically)
• Experience with and comfort in using websites, social media and spreadsheets in fund development context
• Experience in marketing, communications, public relations and media relations (including social media)
• Good knowledge of and connections within the NS corporate/business community

Position Requirements

The position will involve travel throughout the province and some evening and weekend work. It will also involve some ‘field’ travel involving visiting Nature Trust protected areas, travelling by boat, hiking or paddling. The candidate must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle.

Application Process

Please send cover letter, resume and list of 3 references to:

Christina Nunn, Office Coordinator
Nova Scotia Nature Trust
PO Box 284 Station Main, Dartmouth, NS B2Y 3Y3

Email: office at nsnt.ca

As soon as possible. The search committee will begin to consider potential candidates immediately and will continue until the position is filled.

Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates. We do greatly appreciate your interest in the work of the Nature Trust!

Please consider exploring our volunteer opportunities which you may find of interest.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/968254

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=45286

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca