[sust-mar] Paddle board tour guide, summer, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Apr 23 14:08:48 EDT 2018

* Work in nature, conservation & environment - GoodWork.ca *

SUMMER JOB POSTING
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/990354

Position: Rental Attendant / Tour Guide
Type: full-time summer/seasonal, July 1 – Sept 3, 2018
Location: Margaree Harbour, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia

How would you like to spend your summer paddling down the Margaree River and hanging out at the beach? We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and organized individual to fill the position of Beachside Rental Attendant / Tour Guide. A successful applicant should have a positive attitude, patience, good people skills, confidence and leadership qualities. Experience in guiding or retail/customer service is a plus!

As a member of the CB West team, you will be relied upon to oversee beachside rentals at Margaree Harbour Beach. Responsibilities: taking bookings, handling money transactions, providing clients with a lesson on paddling technique, to keep watch of clients when out on water – and be ready to help them when the need arises, transportation of gear and equipment, and to clean / put away said equipment at the end of the day.

You will eventually be relied upon to be a Tour Guide. As a guide you are responsible for the safety and well being of our clients as you guide them on the Margaree River. A successful tour guide not only safely navigates the tour group down the river, but also provides lessons in paddling, continues to aid clients who may be in need of extra assistance, and is also knowledgeable about the area (geography, wildlife and histories/culture).
• 40hrs per week Mon-Fri (weekend work options available)
• $12-$14 per hour
• July 1st - September 3rd

Requirements
• Valid Driver’s Liscence
• First Aid (wilderness first aid preferred, but standard is fine)
• Advance Flatwater Paddling SUP (preferred, but certification will be provided if need be).
• Paddling experience preferred

To apply, please e-mail your resume and a brief covering letter to:
cbwestsup at gmail.com
subject: Rental Attendant / Tour Guide

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/990354

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=45309

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca