[sust-mar] Organic farm helper, accom., Hawthorn Hill Farm, near Wolfville, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Jan 5 13:01:45 EST 2018

* Work in healthy, local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

ORGANIC FARMING APPRENTICESHIP
https://GoodWork.ca/918434

Position: Part time farm helper
Type: part-time with optional on-farm accom., more (see below)
Location: Grafton, near Kentville & Wolfville, Nova Scotia

We have a small, market garden farm and practice organic growing methods. We grow most vegetables and a lot of garlic. We also have lots of berries including haskaps, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, currants, blackberries and grapes. We also have a small flock (16) of Shetland sheep for wool and a flock of free-range, organicially-fed laying hens.

We are seeking an apprentice to either come to our farm for a few days per week OR stay on the farm and help 3 - 5 days per week – whichever option is preferred.

Our growing season begins in early May and goes until the middle of October. We will be preparing beds, planting, mulching, weeding and watering the gardens as needed. In early June, we begin going to two small farmers' markets. The jobs on our farm are varied and there is not a lot of heavy work. I work full time on the farm while my husband, who has a full time job off the farm, works when he can to help out (which is pretty much most of the time he is not at work).

I am primarily interested in hiring an apprentice who is very interested in agriculture. We feel that we have a lot of knowledge and experience to share with our farm helper.

If interested, here is how to apply, please contact Marilyn at:
maricam at eastlink.ca

https://GoodWork.ca/918434

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=43481

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca