[sust-mar] Summer job: website design, Trips By Transit, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Jun 1 11:52:38 EDT 2018

* Work in nature, conservation & environment - GoodWork.ca *

SUMMER STUDENT JOB
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/904954

Position: Web designer / Media Development Coordinator
Type: summer job / summer student position
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Trips By Transit is a non-profit organization that works towards a world where there are no barriers preventing us from connecting with ourselves, our communities, and the natural world. We lead regular free wilderness trips in Halifax using public transit. Our trips are open to everyone and we aim to provide access to nature for those who experience any types of barriers, whether they be financial, cultural, physical or otherwise.

Job Description:

We’re seeking a web designer who is looking for an opportunity to have an impact on the community and who is passionate about building a sustainable future here in Halifax. You will be working in collaboration with the Directors (Development & Finance Director, Program & Volunteer Director and Executive Director) as well as the board members of Trips by Transit to develop a website for the organization to communicate our ideas, values and promote our events to the public. This is a summer position and the hours will be self-directed for the most part. Between the months of June and August, this job will consist of 240 hours or work with a pay of $12.70 per hour. Work hours can be divided however is convenient.

Requirements:
• Due to requirements of the grant, the applicant must have been a student in the past year and be planning or considering/planning to return to school in the following year, must be a Canadian citizen, and must be under 31 years of age
• The applicant must be passionate about the environment, building community connection and adventure
• Experience in Graphic or Web Design
• Experience with CMS such as Wordpress, Joomla, or Typo3
• Provide a portfolio of past work

Duties:
• Create a website containing information and with photo & video components
• Contribute ideas for design and content creation
• Booking section
• Attend board meetings

We are looking for someone who is:
• Flexible
• Innovative
• Passionate about our mission
• Able to work effectively in a self-directed manner

Experience in the following fields is considered an asset:
• Videography & editing
• Social media & marketing
• Setting up a domain-based email address

Please send your cover letter, resumé and an example of your work to tripsbytransit.hfx at gmail.com by June 10, 2018.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/904954

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=45940

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca