[sust-mar] Camp facilitators, Aug 7-11, vol., Let's Sprout, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Jun 8 11:28:48 EDT 2018

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

VOLUNTEER POSITION
https://GoodWork.ca/volunteer
https://GoodWork.ca/912064

Position: Camp Facilitator
Location: Lunenburg, Nova Scotia

Let's Sprout is sparking a global movement in which we are all connected to our values and have an increased capacity to challenge social and environmental injustices.

Sprouting Change is a unique program that balances personal growth and community development through creative and educational activities. The camp is distinct in its collaborative and intentional nature. In order to expose participants to local sustainability opportunities, a diverse group of local initiatives are involved as guest facilitators. Everyday, participants are given free creative time to process topics and discussions. The week ends with the creation of a zine fully designed by the group and is shared with their families and greater community.

Love from past camper: "I’m Kai
 or as known at camp, Guineapai. Everyone had a special nickname for the week. I am very passionate about music and my experience at camp has really helped inspire me to explore that in new areas. One of my favorite parts of camp was song writing. We sang lots of songs, but mostly riptide
 we wrote a song as a group, called cheetah squad. You can find the video on the facebook page. Since camp i’ve written many more songs like Magic, Thunder and Forest."

In partnership with the Bluenose Coastal Action Foundation