[sust-mar] Lead Camp Counsellor, f/t summer job, Echo Pond Summer Camp, St John's, Newfoundland

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Mar 22 14:06:56 EDT 2018

* Work in nature, conservation & environment - GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/997744

Position: Lead Camp Counsellor
Type: full-time summer camp job with training, accom.
Location: St John's, Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

Echo Pond Summer Camp/Environmental Education Commission is seeking a lead Camp Counsellor for the 2018 season, from July 2nd - August 24th.

Echo Pond is a nature camp, taking place about 1 hour 15 minutes from St. John’s in the Avalon Peninsula's beautiful 'Fog Forest' at the Brother Brennan Environmental Education Centre. Camp Counsellors will be part of a dynamic team, focused on providing positive outdoor experiences for a diverse group of children and teens, age 7-16. Camps range from 3-5 days and are overnight. The Echo Pond program is designed using principles of Experiential and Earth Education.

We are looking for someone who will be able to jump in and adopt a leadership role on our team without requiring significant guidance from senior camp counsellors.

The ideal candidate:
• Has experience and a passion for working with kids
• Has an interest and knowledge in ecology, sustainability and the environment (university or college courses in a related field would be an asset)
• Is reasonably fit and enjoys spending time outdoors (experience and training in canoeing, outdoor skills, etc)
• Ability and interest in helping lead a 1-night overnight canoe trip with teens
• Has an interest and willingness to do simple acting/theatre
• Works well in a team environment
• Has initiative and can problem-solve
• Is adaptable, motivated and caring
• Must complete First Aid and CPR certification before the start of camp

Other Camp Counsellor skills that would be beneficial for these positions, include an ability to: play a musical instrument or lead campfire songs, teach yoga and meditation, and lead arts and crafts sessions. If you have another skill that you think would be a great contribution to camp, please let us know on your cover letter.

We will provide:
• Paid training
• Transportation to and from St. John's
• Meals and accommodation, during time at camp

Echo Pond Summer Camp is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for both campers and staff. Our motto is ‘to support both ecological and human diversity’. We welcome applications from LGBTQ2+ identifying people, people of all genders, as well as people from all ethnic, cultural and religious backgrounds.

Camp Counsellors will get paid for 270-275 hours over the course of the summer. Wage will be $13-$15/hour depending on experience, and any hours over 40 in a week will be paid $19.50-$22.50/hr.

Resumes and Cover letters should be emailed to:
echopondjobs(at)gmail.com

They should be received no later than 5pm on Friday, March 30th, 2018.

You can find out more Echo Pond Summer Camp on http://www.echopondsummercamp.ca.

Please email us if you have further questions!

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/997744

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=44779

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca