[sust-mar] Garden Engagement Coordinator, Back To Our Roots Urban Farm, Halifax, Nova Scotia

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Tue Mar 27 10:28:25 EDT 2018

* Work in nature, conservation & environment - GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
http://FoodWork.ca/hiring
http://FoodWork.ca/954844

Position: Garden Engagement Coordinator
Term: 30 hours per week, beginning of May until the end of October
Location: Dartmouth/Halifax, Nova Scotia

Please note: Applicants to this position must be EI eligible**

Job Description

The Garden Engagement Coordinator will outreach and engage community members in our garden project. This will involve creating a functioning, supportive and welcoming atmosphere at the garden for those who are growing food and/or simply enjoying the garden. Depending on applicant skills and interests, this will also involve a mix of promotion, education, organizing events, work parties, markets and workshops.

Duties
• Manage the tool shed and provide on-site support and education for gardeners and community members.
• Help to maintain the gardens
• Oversee other gardeners and volunteers on upkeep of the gardens
• Help coordinate new markets for garden produce
• Organize educational and community events.
• Create educational and promotional material.

Applicants should be comfortable with outdoor physical work in all kinds of weather and be interested in gardening, mental health, and working with people.

30 hours per week, beginning of May until the end of October

Deadline for applications: Sunday April 8th.

Please send cover letter and resume to:
Hillary.lindsay at nshealth.ca

About Back To Our Roots

Back To Our Roots Urban Farm is a community garden and market garden on the grounds of the Nova Scotia Hospital, which serves mental health and addictions patients.

BTOR uses gardening as a way to promote physical, mental and environmental health. We do this by providing community gardening space; offering skills training and educational workshops; making healthy, ecologically-grown food more accessible to community members, hospital clients and staff; doing garden programming with hospital patients, and creating a space for gardening that’s supportive and welcoming.

We currently have over 70 community plots that are used by community members, hospital staff and patients. We also have a market garden that grows food for the hospital and community; and common plots that are a space for the general public to explore, learn and sample from.

**Eligibility Information

To be eligible, you must be unemployed and show that you need work experience to get hired. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident legally entitled to work in Canada. As well, you must meet one of the following conditions:
• have a current Employment Insurance (EI) claim
• have had an EI claim that ended within the last five years
• have had an EI claim for maternity or parental benefits within the past five years, then remained out of the job market to care for a newborn or newly adopted child, and now want to re-enter the labour force

http://FoodWork.ca/hiring
http://FoodWork.ca/954844

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/job=44845

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms