[sust-mar] Volunteer Opportunities at the EAC

Joanna Bull Joanna at ecologyaction.ca
Fri May 25 10:54:43 EDT 2018

Hello Sustainable Maritimes list,

We have a couple of different volunteer opportunities coming up at EAC. Let us know if you're interested in helping out with either of the following:

1.   Rock on at the Backlot Bash!

Garrison Brewing Co., Sustainability Ally of EAC, is holding the fourth annual Backlot Bash Saturday June 16th!Featuring The Glorious Sons (recently nominated for Juno Rock Album of the year) this event has keg bowling, skateboarding demo's, food trucks, beanbag toss and will draw a crowd of nearly 3,000 people!

We're looking for 45 MORE volunteers to help with set up, selling drink tickets, working EAC's info booth, recycling sorting, working the keg bowling station and pouring beer for guests. This is an outright awesome fun volunteer experience and we would love to have you. If interested please email Ryan EAC's Community Giving Manager at ryan at ecologyaction.ca<mailto:ryan at ecologyaction.ca> and provide your phone number, mailing address, T-Shirt size and indicate if you have any dietary restrictions. We look forward to hearing from you! ROCK ON!

2.   Front Desk Volunteers Needed!

We're looking for friendly folks to volunteer at our front desk! You'll be responsible for duties like answering the phone, greeting visitors, making calls to members, responding to emails and helping out with ad hoc assignments. Basic computer skills and English language are required, and good problem-solving abilities are a plus. The front desk is a great way to learn more about what happens at the EAC, get to know the staff, and be part of our office!

We're currently looking to fill four weekly shifts:

  *   Monday mornings from 9am-1pm
  *   Tuesday mornings from 9am-1pm
  *   Thursday mornings from 9am-1pm
  *   Friday mornings from 9am-1pm