[sust-mar] Renewable energy, full-time, entry level, Natural Forces, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Nov 1 11:49:25 EDT 2018

* Work in green business, clean tech, sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

JOB OPPORTUNITY
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/909984

Natural Forces Development Officer

Job Description: Entry level position, Development Officer
Employment: Full time one-year contract
Dates: Jan 1st 2019 start date or earlier
Location: Halifax, NS

We are currently seeking an addition to our renewable energy development team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for renewable energy and will possess the drive and enthusiasm required to progress our mission.

Primary Objective

To assist the Natural Forces team with the development of wind, solar and small hydro projects throughout Canada and the United States. The position will involve any of the following:

General tasks

Site finding and assessment
• Operating various GIS software programs to assess project sites
• Producing maps for potential sites
• Using specialized industry software to model noise, shadow flicker and visual assessments of new sites
• Utilizing Microsoft excel for site matrix assessments

Assist in the production of Environmental Impact Assessments
• Research on regulations, requirements and procedures for Environmental Impact Assessments in various jurisdictions
• Assist with the review and editing of technical documents

Permitting and approvals
• Identify and understand existing regulations and zoning policies in various jurisdictions
• Management of permitting applications

Public relations and outreach
• Assisting with public relations and education activities
• Drafting public engagement and consultation documents such as newsletters and meeting invitations
• Drafting letters and notices to land users, organizations and small businesses

Other duties
• Creating and managing various databases
• New market research, technology research and reporting
• Assisting with various field work
• Managing existing, and creating new project websites
• Assisting with various written works such as letters, notices, memos, reports, etc.

Requirements/asset for the position
• University degree or diploma in science, engineering, or relevant fields
• Proficiency with GIS software (ArcGIS, etc)
• Strong ability to work in a group setting
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Ability to work alone and autonomously
• Attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal communication skills especially with members of the general public
• Demonstration of creativity and graphic design
• Some knowledge of wind energy, solar energy and renewable energy in general

Please send your applications to opportunities at naturalforces.ca by Dec 1st, 2018.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/909984

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=48990

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca