[sust-mar] Film Screening and Discussion- "Burned: Are Trees the New Coal?". Mahone Bay, Nov. 9th

Marion Moore marionm12 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 17:39:41 EDT 2018

A compelling new film about the rise of the biomass industry is on tour now
in Nova Scotia.

The South Shore Chapter of the Council of Canadians is pleased to partner
with the Ecology Action Centre to screen the new film “Burned – Are Trees
the New Coal?”.

The award-winning documentary “Burned” focuses on the eastern seaboard of
the United States but the story could be anywhere – including Nova Scotia
where the recent advent of big biomass has consumed millions of tonnes of
our forests and driven forestry practices to new lows. In a perversion of
the term “green”, forests worldwide are being clear cut and burned for
electricity generation under the guise of producing “green energy”. And
it’s happening at precisely the time we need our forests more than ever to
help combat climate change.

 “Burned” exposes the “green” farce, propped up by massive government
subsidies, in a riveting film every citizen, taxpayer and electricity
ratepayer should see - especially if you care about forests. A brief
discussion will follow the screening.

*Film screening: “Burned – Are Trees the New Coal?” *

*Friday, November 9th, 7:00pm.*

*Mahone Bay Centre, 45 School Street*

*For more information:  southshore.coc at gmail.com <southshore.coc at gmail.com>
or 902.527.2928*