[sust-mar] Climate Strike Canada, Friday May 3, across Canada

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Apr 29 17:44:14 EDT 2019

* Act for climate, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

CLIMATE STRIKE CANADA
https://GoodWork.ca/Climate

JOIN US May 3rd

National Youth Climate Strike
Friday May 3, across Canada
http://www.climatestrikecanada.org

In Vancouver at 1 pm - 4 pm Vancouver Art Gallery organized by Sustainabiliteens and Climate Strike Canada: Featuring Dr. David Suzuki speaking and guess musician Luke Wallace

Other locations across Canada listed below and for all 65 + locations see map at Climate Strike Canada

Our story

Climate Strike Canada is entirely youth-led and organized and is part of the global youth-led climate school strike movement. Our mission is to steer Canada off our current path of social and ecological catastrophe; creating a better world by cultivating a culture of compassion and respect.

Inspired by the Fridays for Future movement, students and supporters across Canada will be striking en masse on May 3rd, 2019.

Climate justice is about more than greenhouse gas emissions. It’s about workers’ rights. Indigenous rights. Migrant justice. Anti-racism. Affordable housing. Each battle is entangled within another, and we can’t win any if we don’t unite to fight them all.

In this critical time, we must fight back harder than ever before to strengthen and sustain our communities again. Together, we are better.

Connect with your local climate strikers. Sign the open letter outlining our demands. Feel free to contact us to connect.

Youth know the truth.

That the climate crisis will threaten the lives of hundreds of millions of people.

That we are at a crossroads in the history of humanity, and the action we do or don’t take will determine the future of civilization.

That we need widespread, systemic change, and that we need it now.

We took action on March 15th, and we’re only just getting started.

On March 15th, 2019, 160 000 youth in Canada took to the streets to demand climate justice.

But one strike doesn’t change government policy - an organized movement does. So, as a collective of young people from across the country, we aim to steer Canadian society off our current path of ecological and social catastrophe. Drastic climate action is the only rational option for humanity.

On May 3rd, we will strike again, and we will continue to strike until our demands are met.

Is there not yet a climate strike where you live? (check on the map at our awesome website). You can change that.

This movement is organized by amazing young folks like you! Most of us have never done this sort of thing before, but we've been compelled to act because we simply do not have the time to waste.

You're not in this alone! When you sign up, you'll be contact by an experienced organizer who can set up a call to walk you through the process and answer any of your questions. You'll also be invited to join our Slack workspace, a messaging platform on which you can meet other organizers from all across the country.

Also, sign our Open Letter: If you’re eligible to vote in Canada, sign on to our open letter demanding that all political parties have a comprehensive and bold plan for climate justice. The future of youth is in peril, but the power is disproportionately in the hands of adults. But youth can be the moral compass. Talk to the adults in your life and convince them to vote with climate as their priority.
• Cities & towns across Canada: See Climate Strike Canada & FridaysforFuture.ca
• Vancouver — Sustainabiliteens | May 3rd Strike
• Victoria — National Youth Strike4Climate May 3rd Strike
• Edmonton — Climate Justice Edmonton | May 3rd Strike
• Calgary — see Climate Strike Canada map
• Saskatchewan — Regina Saskatoon May 3rd see Climate Strike Canada map
• Winnipeg — May 3rd strike
• Toronto — Fridays for Future Toronto & Toronto 350
• Guelph — Youth Climate Action | May 3rd
• Kitchener-Waterloo — KW Climate Save | May 3rd strike
• Ottawa —Fridays for Future Ottawa & 350 Ottawa
• Montreal — La planète s'invite à l'Université | Crise climatique: sonnons l'alarme - Manifestation Montréal; Climatestrikecanada
• Halifax — Climate Strike Halifax May 3rd Strike
• *Many more* locations across Canada: see Climate Strike Canada and FFF-Canada

Get connected, get involved!
• Participate & volunteer with environmental groups and organizations
• Environmental summer jobs
• Environmental jobs

Climate Change & Environmental Organizations
• Climate Strike Canada
• Fridays for Future — local groups
• 350.org | local chapters (Canada & worldwide)
• Climate Action Network Canada | Members
• David Suzuki Foundation – Decarbonization
• Environmental Defence – Climate & Clean Economy
• Greenpeace Canada – Transform Energy
• CAPE: Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment – Sustainable Energy
• Post Carbon Institute – Energy Transition
• EcoJustice – Climate Change & Energy
• Canadian Environmental Law Association – Green Energy
• Dogwood – No Tankers | Beyond Coal
• ICLEI, Local Governments for Sustainability – Activities
• Pembina Institute
• Clean Prosperity
• Clean Energy Canada
• Clean Energy BC
• Efficiency Canada
• Global: Renewable energy organizations | Climate change organizations
• Green Jobs, Climate Change Jobs: GoodWork.ca

https://GoodWork.ca/Climate

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/976235

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca