[sust-mar] Guest Services Staff, Cape Breton Island Wilderness Resort, live on-site, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Aug 2 12:04:01 EDT 2019

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

ECO-TOURISM & HOSPITALITY JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/EcoTourism
https://GoodWork.ca/966345

Title: Guest Services/Front Desk staff
Employer: Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort and Retreat
Location: Indian Brook, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia
Housing: Staff Housing and access to kitchen/bathroom are available onsite.

Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort and Retreat Centre is looking for Guest Services/Front Desk staff. We are an eco-friendly resort located on the Atlantic coast of Cape Breton Island. Visit our website at http://www.cabotshores.com or http://www.facebook.com/cabotshores to learn more about us.

The GUEST SERVICES/FRONT DESK area is a hub for our guests, staff and visitors and requires detail-oriented and diligent staff to run it. This central part of Cabot Shores is involved with all guest relations, hospitality, and communication around amenities such as local hikes, Cape Breton Cultural events, reservations in our bistro, hot tub rentals, tours, etc. It is a busy, fast-paced environment and tasks and responsibilities may vary from day to day.

Essential Qualifications

Abilities:
• Have or develop excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Administrative – manages all incoming inquiries through telephone, website and travel sites
• Guest relations – including registration, orientation and payment, tourism information and general guiding; booking tours and providing information on on-site and local activities
• Act as Liaison – Interfaces with various resort departments (Kitchen, dining room, housekeeping, grounds/maintenance)
• Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task, to prioritize tasks, to take initiative,
• Pay attention to detail and fully completing tasks, be willing to learn and be coachable
• Have personal integrity

Knowledge (Either needs to know or be able to learn easily):
• Experience with computers and basic microsoft software.
• Knowledge of Wordpress, social media and graphic design experience is desired.
• This role is both social and administrative
• Knowledge of local Cape Breton Island cultural events and outdoor activities
• Knowledge of French language is helpful

Rate of Pay: hourly wage depends on experience

Staff Housing and access to kitchen/bathroom are available onsite.

Start Date: Between August 1st and September 1, 2019

How to Apply:

Send cover letter, resume, and 2 references (name, email, phone number); we will send skills inventory and other materials. We will conduct do interview via skype with suitable applicants.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/966345

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/966345

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca