[sust-mar] Election Organizers, full-time, Barrie, London, Hamilton, Windsor, Regina, Saint John's

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Aug 28 11:22:57 EDT 2019

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

ELECTION ORGANIZING
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/950645

Positions: Election Organizer – Paid Full Time
Locations: Barrie ON, London ON, Hamilton ON, Windsor ON, Regina SK, Saint John's NL

About Future Majority

We are looking for individuals in communities across Canada. We are starting a movement. For the first time in Canadian history, Millennial and Gen Z voters make up the largest voting bloc in Canada. That means we have an unprecedented chance to make big changes in our country. The issues we care about — climate change, inequality, affordability, education, mental health resources, job creation — will be major campaign issues this election cycle.

Future Majority is a national nonpartisan non-profit, founded in 2018 by fellow young Canadians. Our mission is to amplify the concerns of young Canadians so that EVERY candidate, politician, and party is an advocate for our collective priorities. We set the agenda and impact policy by demonstrating our electoral strength and organizing ourselves in the places that matter most to politicians.

During the 2019 federal election, Future Majority will be working in over 50 Canadian campuses and communities. We will engage Millennial and Gen Z (18 - 35) voters around issues that unify our generation and politicians will need to listen to us as our movement grows.

We want you to be part of a wave of people who disrupt the status quo this election. With your help, we can help set the agenda and have the issues of our generation properly addressed by our elected leaders.

Position

As the Election Organizer, you are going to help build a huge political movement. You will be doing on-the-ground organizing in a region of Canada where if politicians want a chance to win, they will have to hear our voices and earn our votes. Your work will gain the attention of politicians and could help influence the direction Canada takes for the next 50 years. Your major responsibility during the election is to engage people in the political process and get people to the polls on a campus. You will be building a team of volunteers to turn out 1,000 people during advanced polling and on election day.

You will receive mentorship and training from some of the most experienced political organizers in the country. We will be giving you support throughout the process and providing you with skills to be an effective organizer.

And in addition, we’ve built an easy to use tech platform where you’ll be able to collaborate with other volunteers and communicate with the hundreds of potential voters your community over text and email.

Core Responsibilities

Engagement — We want you speaking face-to-face with young Canadians. You will be interacting with students on university and college campuses, collecting their contact information and making sure they pledge to vote. You could do some classroom talks, talk to students in the cafeteria, and even walk them to the polls during the election.

Recruitment — How awesome is it to work with people you like? We want you to recruit as many volunteers to your team as you need in order to reach a wider audience. You will be in charge of building a team of amazing individuals to help get-out-the-vote at your university or college.

Communication — While engaging with students, you will be building a list of contacts with whom you can keep in touch via text, email or even calls — keeping them informed and encouraging them to head to the polls. You will even be able to provide them with the educational tools that we have custom-built for this election.

Reporting — You won’t be working alone. We will be providing you with support and training throughout the whole process. You will be reporting your daily numbers (pledges, texts, calls, emails) and having check-ins with our team members at Future Majority.

Qualifications:

We are looking for people who are:
• Passionate about Canadian politics
• Wanting to shake up the political establishment
• Energized about getting people to vote
• Wanting to change our political landscape

Position: $700 per week.

Locations:
• Barrie, Ontario
• London, Ontario
• Hamilton, Ontario,
• Windsor, Ontario
• Regina, Saskatchewan
• Saint John's, Newfoundland

Deadline: September 6th, 2019

How to apply: Apply online here

Future Majority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are striving to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender or identity. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, young people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/950645

Canadian federal election 2019
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Canadian_federal_election
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:2019_Canadian_federal_election

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/950645

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca