[sust-mar] Garden help, builder, , work-stay/vol.+accom., Oceanside retreat centre, Victoria Beach, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Feb 25 17:51:10 EST 2019

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

WORK-STAY / VOLUNTEER
https://GoodWork.ca/volunteer
https://GoodWork.ca/968515

Position: Garden help, builder
Type: volunteer/work-exchange with private room, meals, more (see below)
Company: MareGold
Location: Victoria Beach, Annapolis Royal / Bay of Fundy, Nova Scotia

Are you a creative person interested in using reclaimed materials? Do you want to learn how to build in a creative and beautiful setting? Do you love to garden and be in nature? Would you like to try out alternative technologies?

We are building a retreat centre on the ocean in Nova Scotia and are at the beginning. We will be developing a stimulating variety of settings—from clifftop cabins to herbal gardens. The work will be creative and diverse building cabins, outside kitchens, gardens, hot tubs, lookout towers and trails. Each structure will be individually designed to align with the natural environment, whether situated on a cliff to take advantage of the ocean view or nestled in a wilderness sanctuary. There is also an old farmhouse that we are restoring. In addition to building gardening and landscaping is a central part of our project with large vegetable gardens, herbal fields, ponds and an earth-sheltered greenhouse. We need help building and developing all this and more and plants need to be loved.

Accommodation and Food:

The accommodation will be simple and clean. You will always have access to a toilet and shower as well as a private space for reading, writing and contemplation. Depending on the time of year you might be sharing some of these spaces with other volunteers. We will provide healthy nutritional ingredients and access to the kitchen so you can cook your own meals or join us. Meals we prepare will be made using seasonal garden vegetables, herbs, nuts, seeds, pulses and legumes, eggs and cheese, mostly locally sourced.

About us:

We are a couple with multicultural background from Canada, Ukraine, the UK, Germany and Italy. We speak English, Russian, Ukrainian and a little German and Italian. Our passion for healthy living is connected closely with nature and the local community. We love meeting like-minded, open, positive and hard-working people from all over the world. Our professions are varied - from a Medical Herbalist trained in London, UK. to a documentary filmmaker, who produced films about Canadian history.

Something to mention:

Our goal is to build a unique space for people to develop themselves through connection with nature, spirituality and education. We have started with ourselves and we ask everyone who comes to our place to be conscious and mindful about other people, nature and animals, environment.

Location:

The property is 26 acres of stunning oceanfront property in the village of Victoria Beach, 30 km from the town of Annapolis Royal, in the southern Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada. We are located on the Atlantic Ocean’s Bay of Fundy which has the highest tides in the world. You will get a chance to see much wildlife: deer, owls, porcupine, seals and the occasional whale from our clifftop property.

On the weekend you can join us at the farmers market in the historical town of Annapolis Royal. Further afield there is the Kejimkujik National Park and the city of Halifax just a two-hour drive away with its international airport.

This area is a very special region with residents from all over the world who are creative and progressive.

It is all very exciting and fun. Join our team. We have volunteer positions available for carpenters, gardeners, artists, designers, labours, engineers and people with the right energy who want to be part of something beautiful. Contact us to start the conversation.

Please contact Russell:
russell at maregold.com

http://maregold.com

https://GoodWork.ca/volunteer
https://GoodWork.ca/968515

Grow food - work on organic farms, market gardens...
http://www.FoodWork.ca/growfood

Wwoof in Canada and worldwide
http://GoodWork.ca/wwoofing

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=51586

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca