[sust-mar] Garden-to-table Internships, work-stay, Wilderness Retreat, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Tue Jan 22 13:32:01 EST 2019

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

WORK-STAY POSITIONS
http://FoodWork.ca/volunteer
http://FoodWork.ca/966205

Garden-to-table Internships

Role: Garden-to-table Intern
Type: work-stay/volunteer position with room & board, more (see below)
Location: Indian Brook, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia

Located on the Atlantic side of the Cabot Trail, Cabot Shores is a second home to guests from all over the world. We offer a range of traditional and unique accommodations, outdoor adventures, wellness services, cultural activities and serve nutritious meals in our Bistro. Spend two or more months living in a beautiful, remote area on the Atlantic, helping us care for our vegetable gardens. Join our team of hardworking, fun-loving staff and spend the summer in a beautiful setting, enjoying activities onsite such as meditation, Qi Gong, kayaking, hiking, swimming, music jams, and more.

Duties include:
• Learn about landscaping, trail making, foraging and more
• Planting, tending and harvesting herbs & vegetables and prepare them for the bistro and staff kitchens
• Learn to forage for berries, mushrooms and more
• Learn to make yogurt-making, granola, bread baking, kombucha, kim chi, sprouting, chaga, pestos, pickles and more

Requirements:
• Enjoy working outside (whatever the weather); the position requires being physically active
• Be coachable and willing to learn
• Enjoy working independently
• Prior gardening experience an asset
• Enjoy being in a rural area of Cape Breton

General information:
• This is a non-paid volunteer position; work-stay/volunteer position with room & board
• Room and board and adventures/experiences are provided. In your free time paddle on our lake, swim in the lake, ocean or brook, hike, partake in or enjoy music jams, learn to meditate, meet people (staff & guests) from all over the world, explore the island and more
• Internships available from May 1 to June 30, July 1 to August 31 and/or September 1 to October 25, 2019
• We ask for a 2 month commitment

Send resume, 2 references and cover letter to Barbara:
barbara at cabotshores.com
with subject: Garden to table internship

http://FoodWork.ca/volunteer
http://FoodWork.ca/966205

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/job=50266

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms