[sust-mar] Summer Job on an Ecological Farm, Small Holdings Farm, Pictou County, Nova Scotia

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Wed Jun 5 11:20:53 EDT 2019

* Work in healthy, local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

SUMMER JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/SummerJobs
http://FoodWork.ca/GrowFood

Summer Job On An Ecological Farm

Are you under 30 and looking for summer employment?
Do you enjoy working outside and working with your hands?
Would you like to learn more about growing healthy food and/or cut flowers?
If so, nothing beats a summer working on a sustainable farm!

Small Holdings Farm is a small-scale vegetable and flower farm in Pictou County. We are seeking one employee to work alongside owner/operators Keltie Butler and Michael Coolican. The day-to-day work will be planting, weeding, harvesting, maintenance/care for the crops. Work will be physical (including lots of bending, some lifting and shoveling) and will be entirely outdoors.

The position is 30 hours a week for 8 weeks, running end of June/start of July through August.

This position is made possible by a Government of Canada program and, as such, the hired individual must be 30 years of age or younger. Being a student is NOT required. We welcome interest from high school students.

Job Title: Summer Farm Worker
Term: end of June/start of July through August, a term of 8 weeks
Employer: Small Holdings Farm
Location: Millsville Road, Pictou County, near New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
Salary: $12/hr, 30 hours per week

Responsibilities:
The day-to-day work of this job will be seeding, transplanting, watering, weeding, harvesting, and additional tasks related to maintance/care for the crops. Work will be physical (including lots of bending, some lifting and shoveling) and will be entirely outdoors.

Skills & Qualifications:
• First and foremost, you must enjoy physical work and working outdoors in all types of weather
• Ability to learn new skills and to work both independently and as a team

To apply, please email your resume as well as a brief cover letter sharing your interest and qualifications for this job to smallholdingsfarm at gmail.com . Applications will be reviewed as they are received with a deadline of June 17th to submit.

This position is made possible by a Government of Canada program and, as such, the hired individual must be 30 years of age or younger. Being a student is NOT required. We welcome interest from high school students.

Thank you very much for your interest. Please note that only those requested for an interview will be contacted.

https://GoodWork.ca/SummerJobs
http://FoodWork.ca/GrowFood

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/905735

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms