[sust-mar] Executive Director, full-time, Ecology Action Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Jun 11 13:38:26 EDT 2019

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

HALIFAX JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/922835

Position: Executive Director
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

The Ecology Action Centre (http://www.ecologyaction.ca) is a dynamic environmental charity based in Nova Scotia. Since 1971, we have been leaders in tackling critical environmental issues from biodiversity protection to climate change to environmental justice. Grounded in community, we take a holistic approach to our environment, our economy, and the creation of a just and sustainable society.

We promote a diverse and inclusive organizational culture that emphasizes shared values, collaboration, high quality work, and meaningful outcomes. We value our members, volunteers, staff, and partners.

Our incredible team shares ideas, friendships, inspiration and a passionate determination to make the world a better place.

YOUR ROLE

As a visionary and strategic leader with a passion for the environment, you understand change and believe that bold systemic change is essential. You are an inclusive, collaborative, and empowering individual with extensive operational experience motivating diverse teams within a thriving, complex organization. You are always ready to listen reflectively, debate openly, and incorporate different cultures and opinion. You trust in the skills, ability, and capacity of others. You have the courage to try new approaches, structures, and processes that are well-informed and well-reasoned.

You have experience and confidence in managing complex, nuanced relationships across a broad spectrum of interests. You have a proven track record of successfully developing effective, lasting relationships with staff, members, donors, foundations, governments, business, communities, and policy and change-makers.

As Executive Director of the Ecology Action Centre, and with support from our skilled and passionate staff, you will improve organizational effectiveness, ensure financial sustainability, and promote social and environmental justice.

Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) plays a key role on the three-person Senior Leadership Team (SLT) at EAC, which includes this position, the Director of Operations & Development, and the Director of Programs.

Within the Office of the Executive Director, the EAC Board is looking for the following skills:
• Vision casting: inspiring/focusing the EAC community (and stakeholders) towards its mission.
• Strategic thinking: seeing the bigger picture and direction of the EAC, and how to deliver practical results.
• Networking: making effective connections to promote the EAC to a wider audience, raising its profile while nurturing existing stakeholder relationships.
• Organizational leadership: communicating, leading and directing the EAC’s Vision and Strategic Plan, monitoring and reporting results, and recommending course corrections.
• Fundraising: supporting and growing a culture of philanthropy, cultivating major gift prospects and securing donations to enhance organizational sustainability.
• Policy development: leading strategic thinking with respect to overarching policy issues, monitoring current environmental policy, and identifying emerging issues and opportunities.
• Team leadership: overseeing staff, facilitating effective teamwork, and respecting all staff and volunteers.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Education: Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in the environmental field, natural sciences, the social sciences, community development, or a related field.
• Experience: Significant management, administrative, and visionary leadership in a similar organization.

DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION

Please thoroughly review the detailed job description, including the core competencies required for this position, which can be found here, and linked from our website at http://www.ecologyaction.ca/jobs.

TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Start: September 30, 2019 or earlier
• 37.5 hours per week
• Cost-shared benefits plan and 4 weeks paid vacation per year

APPLICATION PROCESS

Please email all inquiries and your application, including a cover letter, resume, and three references, to Nancy Julien, Human Resources Manager at employment at ecologyaction.ca using the subject heading "Executive Director Position". Please submit your application in the form of a pdf document with all three required elements in the following order: cover letter, resume, references.

We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with a final CLOSING DATE of Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. Early applicants may be offered an interview before the closing date.

The Ecology Action Centre is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from individuals in traditionally marginalized groups such as, but not limited to: African Nova Scotian and other racialized people, Indigenous people, lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender and queer people, and persons with disabilities.

We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter or application if they are a member of a marginalized community.

We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Interviews will begin the week of August 12, 2019 or sooner for early applicants.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/922835

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/922835

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca