[sust-mar] Summer job: Networking & Communications, NBEN, Moncton, New Brunswick

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Mar 8 11:26:39 EST 2019

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

SUMMER STUDENT JOB
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/925915

Position: Networking and Communications Assistant – Invasive Species
Type: summer job / summer student position
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick

Invasive species are the second most significant threat to biodiversity, after habitat loss. Invasive species are introduced and spread through human actions. Through raising awareness on the impact of invasive species and how to prevent the movement of these species, we can make a significant contribution towards the conservation and protection of our native biodiversity.

We are currently accepting applications for a summer position as Networking and Communications Assistant. The student will assist in the implementation of invasive species awareness-raising programs across New Brunswick. This position involves direct interaction and communication with a wide variety of stakeholders, hence a strong interest and background in environmental issues, good organizational and inter-personal skills, strong computer skills and excellent communications skills are required.

The student should have a SEED voucher. Please indicate if you have already received or have applied for a SEED voucher when applying.

Job Description:
• Tasks will include research on invasive species in the province.
• Maintain social media presence and increase awareness on invasive species across the province.
• Assisting in the planning and delivery of educational programs, community events, workshops and activities that promote invasive species awareness.
• Tracking and reporting education and outreach activities for project reports.
• Planning, organizing, and managing daily assigned work.
• Assisting with administrative tasks and other project activities, as needed.

Qualifications and Skills:
• Field of study related to biology, science communication, or education.
• Bilingual, with oral and written fluency in French.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.), strong computing skills.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Able to work occasional weekends and week day evenings.
• Valid Class G Driver’s Licence with access to a vehicle an asset.

To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to:
nb.invasive at gmail.com
Please indicate if you have received or have applied for a SEED voucher in your application.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/925915

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=51952

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca