[sust-mar] Organic market gardening, f/t May-Oct., housing, Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Wed Mar 20 17:42:34 EDT 2019

* Work in healthy, local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

ORGANIC MARKET GARDENING
http://FoodWork.ca/hiring
http://FoodWork.ca/976225

Position: Organic market gardening / farming
Type: paid full time, average 40hr/wk
Farm: Waldegrave Farm
Location: Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia
Accom.: housing available, monthly rental

Job Description:

Waldegrave Farm is a certified organic market garden located on the Tatamagouche Community Land Trust in Tatamagouche, NS. With 4 acres under cultivation, we grow approximately 2.5-3 acres of vegetables in an intensive rotation each season. We grow a wide diversity of field and greenhouse vegetables and are working toward minimal tillage systems in all fields. We use a semi-permanent bed system and are always experimenting to find systems that contribute to a healthy ecosystem, increase soil health and are both efficient and productive with minimal waste.

The farm crew is made up of four people and often two children. We work cooperatively to manage and execute tasks ranging from seeding to market. Responsibility is granted based on experience and demonstration of dedication and willingness to learn. We work hard, grow good food and have fun!

We are seeking an energetic individual with an interest and dedication to work and learn in organic market gardening. The work varies throughout the season, and includes a diversity of tasks, including: seeding, nursery management, bed preparation, transplanting, cultivation, pruning, greenhouse work, harvesting and preparation of produce for market, and more. Experience is not necessary but a keen willingness to work hard and learn!

Duration:

May 1 - October 31, 2019

Accommodation:

Shared accomodation available on farm. There are Three permanent households on the Land Trust and one rented farmhouse which makes for a vibrant and dynamic community environment.

Qualifications:
• Physically fit and a willingness to work hard
• Enjoy working outdoors
• Attention to detail
• Efficient
• Highly motivated
• Strong communication skills
• Independent and self-directed
• Keen willingness to learn and improve at skills and tasks
• Passionate about organic agriculture and food systems
• Enjoy working as part of a team
• Ability tomaintain a positive attitude despite the adverse conditions that outdoor work often involves

Compensation: From $11.55/hr and up, depending on experience. Average of 40 hrs/week. Each employee takes a 4 day vacation at some point during the season.

Apply by email to:

Cammie Harbottle
cammie at waldegrave.org
Please include a letter of intent, resume, and two references.

For photos or more information, see our website: waldegravefarm.com or find us on facebook (admittedly not very active...) or be in touch!

http://FoodWork.ca/hiring
http://FoodWork.ca/976225

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/%rid%

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms