[sust-mar] Hiring: Executive Director, f/t, Ecology Action Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Oct 1 10:42:12 EDT 2019

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

NOVA SCOTIA JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
https://GoodWork.ca/924845

Position: Executive Director
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Full time

Ecology Action Centre is a dynamic environmental charity based in Nova Scotia. Since 1971, we have been leaders in tackling critical environmental issues from biodiversity protection to climate change to environmental justice. Grounded in community, we take a holistic approach to our environment, our economy, and the creation of a just and sustainable society.

We promote a diverse and inclusive organizational culture that emphasizes shared values, collaboration, high quality work, and meaningful outcomes. We value our members, volunteers, staff, and partners. Our incredible team shares ideas, friendships, inspiration and a passionate determination to make the world a better place.

We are seeking an Executive Director who is a visionary and strategic leader with a passion for the environment; you understand change and believe that bold systemic change is essential. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) plays a key role on the three-person Senior Leadership Team (SLT) at EAC, which includes this position, the Director of Operations & Development, and the Director of Programs.

The ideal candidate is an inclusive, collaborative, and empowering individual with extensive operational experience motivating diverse teams within a thriving, complex organization. You are always ready to listen reflectively, debate openly, and incorporate different cultures and opinions. You trust in the skills, ability, and capacity of others and have the courage to try new approaches, structures, and processes that are well-informed and well-reasoned.

The successful candidate will have experience and confidence in managing complex, nuanced relationships across a broad spectrum of interests, while offering a proven track record of successfully developing effective, lasting relationships with staff, members, donors, foundations, governments, business, communities, and policy and change-makers.

As Executive Director of the Ecology Action Centre, and with support from our skilled and passionate staff, you will improve organizational effectiveness, ensure financial sustainability, and promote social and environmental justice.

You will possess the following skills:

• Visioncasting: inspiring/focusing the EAC community (and stakeholders) towards its mission
• Strategic thinking: seeing the bigger picture and direction of the EAC, and how to deliver practical results
• Networking: making effective connections to promote the EAC to a wider audience, raising its profile while nurturing existing stakeholder relationships
• Fundraising: supporting and growing a culture of philanthropy, cultivating major gift prospects and securing donations to enhance organizational sustainability
• Organizational leadership: communicating, leading and directing the EAC’s Vision and Strategic Plan, monitoring and reporting results, and recommending course corrections
• Policy development: leading strategic thinking with respect to overarching policy issues, monitoring current environmental policy, and identifying emerging issues and opportunities
• Team leadership: overseeing staff, facilitating effective teamwork, and respecting all staff and volunteers

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:

• Education: Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in the environmental field, natural sciences, the social sciences, community development, or a related field
• Experience: Significant management, administrative, and visionary leadership in a similar organization

EAC is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from individuals in traditionally underrepresented groups such as, but not limited to: African Nova Scotian and other racialized people, Indigenous people, lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender and queer people, and persons with disabilities. Please send your resume to Jackie Gilbert at jackie at venor.ca

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/924845

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/924845

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca