[sust-mar] Membership & Donor Relations, f/t, Ecology Action Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Aug 31 10:49:30 EDT 2020

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

NOVA SCOTIA JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
https://GoodWork.ca/928375

Position: Membership and Donor Relations Officer
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

ABOUT US

The Ecology Action Centre (EAC) is an environmental charity based in Nova Scotia. We work to catalyze change through policy advocacy, community development, and building awareness. Grounded in community, we are a strong voice and watchdog for our environment, taking a holistic approach to the environment, our economy, and the creation of a just and sustainable society. We strive to promote a diverse and inclusive organizational culture that emphasizes strong values, collaboration, quality work, and real impact. We value our members, volunteers, staff, and partners. The EAC is a collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and professional development.

We are seeking two individuals to join our fundraising team. The Membership and Donor Relations Officers (MRO) work with a close-knit, enthusiastic fundraising team to secure more sustainable funding for EAC operations and project staff. This is accomplished by developing strong and lasting relationships with EAC members and achieving individual goals. Whether you are eager to expand your canvassing and fundraising skills; or hone your understanding of emerging fundraising trends and techniques, one of our MRO positions will be incredibly rewarding. These positions report to our Community Giving Manager.

ABOUT YOU

You are an enthusiastic fundraiser with a passion for giving back to the community and a genuine interest in the environment. Your excellent people skills and desire to work in non-profits allow you to be an effective fundraiser whether it is by phone or in-person.

YOUR FOCUS

You will foster positive relations with potential or existing EAC members predominantly over the phone and in person at times, while informing them about EAC’s work, encouraging new or continued support and generating donor memberships. Being well informed on the work of EAC project staff will enable you to act as a positive EAC ambassador in the community.

WHAT YOU WILL BRING
• Proven track record of successfully meeting targets.
• Ability to explain the impact and value of monthly memberships.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Previous experience in canvassing, campaign, fundraising, customer service or telemarketing.
• Ability to build rapport over the phone and deal with rejection without becoming discouraged.
• Willingness to receive feedback and advice to improve your performance and calling techniques.
• Positive attitude, professional and self-driven.
• Ability to work remotely.
• Computer literacy in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Available some evenings and weekends and willingness for some travel.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES YOU WILL HOLD

MRO-1
• Contribute to overall Membership Team fundraising targets by achieving personal goals related to:
• Acquiring new memberships, maintenance of existing memberships, thank you calls; up to and including retention of memberships by phone, increased monthly or annual donations based on experience level.
• Assist with the planning, coordination and promotion of special events and fundraisers; attend various events, speaking with guests about EAC and the value our members bring to our organization.
• Follow up on all membership inquiries related to memberships and donation processing, in a timely manner.
• Maintain accurate membership and donor records while identifying opportunities to improve systems and increase team’s efficiency.
• Other responsibilities, as they may arise, to support the overall goals of the organization.

MRO-2
• Contribute towards overall Membership and Fundraising team targets by achieving personal goals related to:
• The Ecology Action Centre’s Sustainability Allies program; peer-to-peer fundraising; business relationships; events; online fundraising and social media; retention and maintenance of existing relationships.
• Stay informed of new trends in donor engagement.
• Provide training, suggest improvements to training materials, stewardship practices and touch points.
• Assist with creation and implementation of individualized stewardship plans.
• Maintain accurate membership and donor records while identifying opportunities to improve systems and increase team’s efficiency.
• As needed, follow up on all membership inquiries related to memberships and donation processing, in a timely manner.
• Other responsibilities, as they may arise, to support the overall goals of the organization.

WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
• The opportunity to work from a home office space and from EAC’s office at 2705 Fern Lane, Halifax, NS.
• Starting salary range: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour based on experience.
• Cost shared benefits plan and 4-weeks paid vacation per year.
• Full time positions, 37.5 hours a week

TO APPLY

Please email a cover letter indicating your interest in the MRO (1) or MRO (2) and resume to Nancy Julien, HR Manager at employment at ecologyaction.ca . The closing date is September 9, 2020

We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.

The Ecology Action Centre is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from individuals in traditionally underrepresented groups including, but not limited to: African Nova Scotian and other racialized people, Mi’kmaq and other Indigenous people, lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender and queer people, and persons with disabilities. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter or application if they are a member of an underrepresented community.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/928375

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/928375

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca