[sust-mar] EAC job posting: Strategic Communications Manager, Halifax, full-time

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Jun 1 19:27:56 EDT 2020

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

NOVA SCOTIA JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
https://GoodWork.ca/984765

Position: Strategic Communications Manager
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

ABOUT US

The Ecology Action Centre is a dynamic and vibrant environmental charity based in Nova Scotia. Since 1971, we have proudly served in a leadership role, tackling critical environmental issues from biodiversity protection to climate change to environmental justice. Grounded in community, we are a strong voice and watchdog for our environment, taking a holistic approach to the environment, our economy, and the creation of a just and sustainable society. We strive to promote a diverse and inclusive organizational culture that emphasizes strong values, collaboration, quality work, and real impact. We value our members, volunteers, staff, and partners. We have a team of incredible people who share ideas, friendships, and a contagious level of inspiration and determination to make the world a better place.

ABOUT YOU

You are a skilled communicator, with a knack for making complex concepts accessible to a variety of audiences. You have a strategic mind and enjoy coaching others to help them achieve their campaign goals. You have a passion for the environment and enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment.

POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES

The Strategic Communications Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating communication strategies at EAC, in order to ensure we reach the right people at the right time and in the right way to achieve campaign and organizational goals. The Strategic Communications Manager collaborates with others to develop compelling content and messaging to convey EAC’s position on issues to the media, membership and broader public. Specific responsibilities include:
• Developing communications strategies, including planning and implementing current communications plans and campaigns, in collaboration with project and fundraising teams.
• Managing Key Communications Tools: including web site, social media, data analysis for digital communications, Ecology & Action magazine, member communications.
• Training and Coaching Staff and Volunteers: including support for campaign development and implementation, review of communications materials, support for traditional media including maintaining up to date media list, support for campaign and project outreach.
• Supporting EAC’s Brand: support for EAC’s profile and credibility, extending and diversifying EAC’s reach; liaising with external graphic designers, as well as occasionally executing some basic graphic design.
• Additional Responsibilities: recruiting and managing volunteers and outside experts to amplify the efforts of EAC’s campaigns and program delivery, participating in and supporting the overall work of the Ecology Action Centre and other tasks, as required.

REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experienced writer, with experience writing web content
• Excellent social media acumen, with experience crafting engaging content and monitoring analytics
• Highly organized with ability to effective manage and prioritize assignments
• Up-to-date on trends in communications
• Experience using Drupal, Wordpress or comparable Content Management Systems
• Creative and collaborative, with a team-focused approach
• Passionate about environmental and social change
• Capacity for innovation, idea generation, research, analysis, strategic thinking, and project management.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills

DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or a related field
• Experience using InDesign and Photoshop
• Experience writing and editing media releases
• One or more years of professional experience in a related field
• Understanding of environmental issues in NS

TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Start date: July 2020
• 37.5 hours/week
• Salary range is $23 - $26 / hr.
• Cost shared benefits plan and 4-weeks paid vacation per year

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia in one of the most energy efficient office buildings in Canada.

HOW TO APPLY: Please email your cover letter and resume as a single pdf to employment at ecologyaction.ca with Strategic Communications Manager and your name in the subject line.

Due Date: June 22, 2020 before 11:59:59pm AST.

We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The Ecology Action Centre is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from individuals in traditionally marginalized groups such as, but not limited to: African Nova Scotian and other racialized people, Indigenous people, lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender and queer people, and persons with disabilities. We  encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter orapplication if they are a member of a marginalized community. Diversity is a stated value of the Ecology Action Centre. Moreover, diversity in the EAC community is a strength that we seek to cultivate. It is the responsibility of every employee of EAC to foster a culture that embraces and promotes diversity.

The Ecology Action Centre was founded in 1971 and is one of Nova Scotia’s largest environmental organizations. The Centre always welcomes new members and volunteers: http://www.ecologyaction.ca

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/984765

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/984765

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca