[sust-mar] Project Manager, part-time, Open Food Network Canada, anywhere in Canada

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Mar 12 19:44:39 EDT 2020

* Work in healthy, local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

SUSTAINABLE FOOD SYSTEMS
http://FoodWork.ca/hiring
http://FoodWork.ca/967365

Position: Project Manager
Location: anywhere in Canada (we are in St. Agatha, Ontario)

Are you interested in food + tech?

Open Food Network is a global network of people and organizations working together to develop open and shared resources, knowledge and software to support a more sustainable and ethical food system. You can learn more about our global project here. See the links below for loads of more information about our projects.

At the core of everything we do is a belief that creating a new food system requires a new way of operating. This is why we create open source solutions, communicate with transparency, and hold everything we create as part of the Commons — it doesn’t belong to a single entity, but instead to a community.

We launched a Canadian instance of Open Food Network and incorporated as a national not-for-profit in 2017. We’ve stayed kind of quiet until now. We’ve been doing lots of behind the scenes work on our platform and on our global governance processes. But now we are blooming!

We are looking to build a national team of volunteers to work with farmers and makers, community food initiatives, food hubs, buying clubs, farmers markets
.. to deploy our software platform (think: e-commerce – with lots of twists) in Canada and build a Canadian OFN community that can support ethical food access and distribution in local communities across the country. (see our other posts for a variety of volunteer positions on foodwork.ca).

As we grow over the next year, we are seeking an OFN-Canada Project Manager to work with our board, and assist or current Director. Since working on a global food+tech commons is a new type of project for many of us, we want to give people a chance to try it out before committing. We will offer 1 or more people a stipend of $100 a month to explore a relationship with us. Starting in September 2020, the successful applicant(s) will attend OFN on-line meetings, explore the OFN-Global community & projects, master our digital on-line tools (the OFN platform) and develop an understanding of our projects, proposals and governance. In 3 months and again at 6 months – we check in to see if we have a match and want to continue. Do you like us and our project? Do you see potential with us? Do you find you are well suited to commons-based peer governance? What kinds of contributions have you been able to make to our global food+tech commons, and to OFN-Canada? Is this something you want to cont
 inue to contribute to for a few years?

If we have a match, and have secured the necessary funding – we can offer you a permanent project manager position.

We are an office-less organization. So you can be located anywhere in Canada. It is unlikely that this will be full time work in the next few years. But it could be an excellent way to add some hours and money to your current part-time job, small business income, or retirement income. We welcome all kinds of contributions and contributors.

You can learn more about us and our work at a face to face event (if you are near K-W, Ontario):

Thursday March 19, Kitchener Public Library, 4:30 - 6:30 pm.

or - if you prefer, join us for an on-line meeting:

Monday March 23, or Tuesday March 24 - 2:00 pm (EST). Just email us, info at openfoodnetwork.ca and we'll send you registration details.

To apply for the Project Manager opportunity:

Send an email, info at openfoodnetwork.ca with your resume/CV and a brief desription of how you see yourself contributing to OFN Canada. (Please make sure you spend a few minutes following some of the links below, learning more about us, and thinking about where and how you think you can contribute.) We expect to select Project Managers over the summer, to begin in September 2020.

More details:
• Learn about our global project and find they way you want to contribute.
• We’re creating a handbook to help people understand various roles in our project.
• Explore the Canadian platform. There is an intro and user guide to get you started.
• If you have technical skills – visit our project on github.
• Sign up for our newsletter and follow us @ofncanada

http://FoodWork.ca/hiring
http://FoodWork.ca/967365

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/967365

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca