[sust-mar] Board Members, vol., Trips By Transit, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed May 6 11:14:04 EDT 2020

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

CALL FOR BOARD MEMBERS
https://GoodWork.ca/Volunteer
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia

Position: Board Member (Treasurer and Member at Large)
Type: nonprofit board members / unpaid
Location: Halifax, HRM, Nova Scotia

About Trips By Transit (TBT)

Trips By Transit is a non-profit organization that works with the goal of helping people connect to their environment, community, and their inner selves. We lead free public outdoor trips to accomplish this goal, focusing on accessibility so that our service is open to as many people as possible. Our work is strengthened through working with the community and partnering with other organizations.

Current Opportunity

Trips By Transit is currently seeking volunteers to join our board of directors. As a board member, you will participate in decision making regarding strategic direction, programming and finances with Trips By Transit. We welcome applicants from all career stages, with particular expertise in Law and Resource Development. In an effort to grow our capacity, Trips By Transit is in a development period and we hope to fill two board member positions. One position as treasurer, taking on the role of maintaining finances, payroll and taxes with the organization. The second as a member at large with experience in any of the following:
• Working with not-for-profits or social enterprises
• Legal — particularly with corporate law or financial regulation
• Finance and Development — particularly with securing sponsorships

Board Requirements

Board members shall commit at least 6 hours a month to the organization. This includes attending board meetings each month, either in person or virtually. Board members are also expected to attend a trip with TBT once each season.

For more information, or to express your interest, please reach out to tripsbytransit.hfx at gmail.com for a board application by May 19th. Please indicate which position you are interested in and the experience that you feel is relevant to this role.

https://GoodWork.ca/volunteer
https://GoodWork.ca/952665

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/952665

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca