[sust-mar] Clean Energy Campaigner, full-time, Sierra Club, Halifax

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Nov 12 16:21:55 EST 2020

* Work in environment, climate change, sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

ENVIRONMENTAL JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
https://GoodWork.ca/902975

Position: Clean Energy Campaigner – Beyond Coal Atlantic
Location: Halifax, NS (will be working from home office)

We are searching for an impact-oriented individual to grow our Beyond Coal Atlantic campaign. The successful candidate must also ensure we grow to meet our organization's commitment to inclusion, diversity, and justice.

Start Date: December 1, 2020

Remuneration: Begins with a 37.5 hr/week, two-year contract at $20 - $25/hr, depending on experience. There is an initial probationary period. If successful, an extension will be offered. Employee is entitled to benefits in accordance with our personnel policy. Occasional travel may be required to participate in meetings and workshops and will be reimbursed.

To apply: Please submit your cover letter, CV and references in a single document to?HR at sierraclub.ca by November 20, 2020. Apply early as applications will be evaluated as they arrive.

About Sierra Club Canada Foundation

At Sierra Club Canada Foundation, we empower people to be leaders in protecting, restoring and enjoying healthy and safe ecosystems. SCCF is a grassroots organization, with a “think globally and act locally” philosophy. Our framework allows members to actively contribute to environmental causes that concern or inspire them, in a capacity that best suits their capabilities. Engaging with local officials, working collaboratively with local organizations, and a strong volunteer base has allowed Sierra Club to successfully engage in environmental campaigns that directly benefit both people and the planet.

Tasks

The Clean Energy Campaigner will:
• Work with key leaders, consultants, and staff to develop and implement strategic policy documents and recommendations for the Beyond Coal Atlantic campaign.
• Secure and oversee contracts with expert consultants to research climate solutions, including economic cost-benefit analyses of clean energy, efficiency and transportation options
• Build alliances with a wide variety of community groups and stakeholders toward achieving our shared interest of clean energy and sustainable future.
• Advocate for climate solutions via government relations, engagement with energy utilities and other key stakeholder groups
• Work closely with the Beyond Coal Organizer and allies on communications campaigns and encourage support for climate action and solutions from broad cross section of society
• Help build the Beyond Coal campaign partner and supporter base through proposal writing and relationship-building

Skills and Qualifications
• Bilingual preferred (French / English)
• Background in energy and / or economic policy and systems
• Clear communicator; media experience an asset
• Experience in coalition building
• Ability to engage people and organizations from a variety of backgrounds in shared goals
• Understanding of environmental science principles including climate change and carbon cycles and targets
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Training or background with principles of inclusion, equity and justice an asset

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/902975

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca