[sust-mar] Manager of External Relations, full-time, Clean Foundation, Dartmouth or Sydney, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Sep 17 15:46:35 EDT 2020

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

NOVA SCOTIA JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
https://GoodWork.ca/961575

Position: Manager of External Relations
Location: Dartmouth or Sydney, Nova Scotia

You will report to: Director of Programs and Regulatory Affairs
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Term: October 1st, 2020 (or earlier if possible) through March 31st, 2020, with successive annual renewals based on performance.

Closing Date: Will remain open until position is filled.

The Opportunity:

The goal of Clean Foundation’s External Relations team is to share compelling stories about Clean, our impacts,and the key issues affecting our sector to the right audiences at the right times in the right formats. These strategic communications help to establish, strengthen,and maintain Clean’s relationships with our stakeholders, rightsholders, funders, partners,and the broader public. Reporting to the Director for Programs & External Affairs, the Manager of External Relations will lead this team in achieving its goals.This role is best suited to a dynamic, creative,and impact-driven individual who thrives in a collaborative work environment. The Manager of External Relations will have the opportunity to work with all the subject-matter teams at Clean on a diverse array of projects and programs. Team building, organization and project management skills will be regularly flexed. The Manager of External Relations will often be the public face of Clean to the public and so must be pro
 fessional, trustworthy,and knowledgeable. The successful candidate will be able to balance multiple tasks and provide timely strategic advice while delivering quality work under tight timelines. Additional hours, or time outside of normal work hours, may be required to meet operational requirements at specific times of the year.

What We Offer:

For over three decades, Clean has been one of Nova Scotia’s leading environmental charities. Working with us will put you at the forefront of critical sustainability issues like climate change mitigation and adaptation, protection of critical ecosystems, environmental education and driving the growth of the clean economy workforce of tomorrow and allow you the chance to shape the future of our programming. We offer flexible work hours, (including the option for remote work), competitive wages and employee health benefits.

Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Developing and perfecting an annual strategic communications plan for Clean.
• Working with program teams to support the development of impactful communication plans.
• Overseeing our awesome internal Clean communications staff.
• Identifying and following through on opportunities to highlight Clean’s work through the placement of news and stories in media, web,and other outlets.
• Responding to communication requests and providing important updates to the public, media, and external stakeholders and rightsholders (including governments, First Nations, and civil society organizations).
• Managing the partnership with external communications professionals, when necessary, to develop products for Clean (including writing, audio-visual, and web/mobile).
• Supporting the Clean administrative and IT teams in developing and maintaining effective stakeholder relations management systems and processes.
• Developing and maintaining communication tools, templates,and procedures for program staff.
• Managing Clean’s various social media platforms to ensure so they are fresh, engaging,and accurate.

Education and Required Qualifications:
• Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field, or relevant experience.
• Experience and success working in a deadline-driven environment while juggling multiple internal clients.
• Experience in stakeholder relations and/or customer relations management.
• Strong presentation, interpretation, and communication skills -written and verbal.
• Experience using and managing social media platforms.
• Adept in media skills across a variety of platforms, including TV, print and radio.
• Experience in working on social or environmental issues and demonstrates a passion for the environment.
• Proficient with computer applications such as MS Office Suite.
• Project management and organizational skills.
• Valid Canadian driver’s license and be able to provide a Driver’s Abstract from the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
• Legally entitled to work in Canada.
• Able to complete and pass a criminal background check.

The following will be considered assets:
• Experience working with customer relations management software.
• Experience working in a non-profit organization.
• Experience working with Indigenous organizations.
• Experience in graphic design.
• Proficiency in written and spoken French.

If you are interested in this position please submit your cover letter and resume, merged into one document, via email to hrhire at clean.ns.ca . We appreciate all interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

Clean is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. Qualified self-identifying First Nations, Metis and Inuit, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities applicants will be strongly considered for this position. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/961575

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/961575

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca