[sust-mar] Project Coordinator, full-time, Halifax or anywhere in Canada

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Aug 24 11:11:51 EDT 2021

* Work in climate & sustainability - GoodWork.ca/climate *

Nova Scotia Green Jobs
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
https://GoodWork.ca/NS-Only

Position: Project Coordinator (Starting September 15, 2021)
Location: based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Local candidates preferred, but for the right candidate we would consider someone anywhere in Canada
Eligibility: 30 or younger & recent post-secondary grad

Who We Are:

The OATHE Project is an environmental non-profit that encourages people to engage in small-scale acts of change that may individually seem small but can collectively make a massive impact! OATHE itself is an acronym for “One Act at a Time to Help the Earth,” and although just over a year old, our non-profit has grown to run many initiatives, from innovation contests & podcasts, to litter campaigns & climate change technologies.

For the Fall 2021 year heading into 2022, OATHE is putting focus on the launch & development of its “Climate Action Database,” which envisions becoming the “LinkedIn of Climate Action.” In practice, this means creating a platform for folks to share climate or eco-action initiatives that are happening in local areas, starting in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Developed in partnership with other incredible climate stakeholders, we are currently finishing up the first version (MVP) of our web platform, with public outreach starting in September (where you come in!).

Learn more about us by visiting our social media, or our website @ http://www.oneactatatime.org!

Who We Are Looking For:

An all-rounder who’s open to wearing different hats & is just as passionate about eco-action as we are! Our ideal candidate will be strong at outreach, good with technology (with programming or web design experience an asset), creative in how they create content, data-driven in their approach & open about sharing ideas. The ideal candidate will also be able to work with diverse board members from around the world, generate detailed action items from high-level direction & embrace the OATHE ethos in their own lives.

High-Level Responsibilities:
• Helping to execute a pilot of the Climate Action Database, with a particular focus on marketing the platform, on-boarding users, networking with future partners, exploring longer-term funding opportunities & gathering research/feedback to help it progress.
• Producing, co-hosting, editing & helping to source guests for our “One Act at a Time” podcast, while also coordinating volunteers who often help in its creation.
• Exploring the viability for running a second Climate Change-Makers Challenge, a climate innovation contest that reached 130+ youth from across 15 countries last year!
• Finding new ways to increase community engagement for OATHE as a whole, with a particular focus on maintaining our social media & increasing its reach.
• Looking into questions related to the long-term sustainability of OATHE & in particular ways it can optimize funding, whether through grants, donations or service revenue.

Desired Qualifications:
• Degree in environmental studies, climate change, business, commerce, community development, communications/ marketing, international development, philosophy, social science, computer science, technology management or other
 Really, there are many possible backgrounds that could fit, as long as you’re open to different hats!
• Excellent organizational, time management & problem-solving skills, with a willingness to learn, adapt & work with volunteer board members who may have a lot on the go
• Any experience with coding or web development would be considered an asset, as this may help our tech development team at the Climate Action Database.
• Bilingualism, previous NGO experience & familiarity with remote work are also assets.
• But above all, what we’re looking for is someone who understands, embraces & is keen to share the OATHE ethos of helping the Earth one act at a time! We want folks who are passionate about the environment, desire to make a difference for our planet & believe in the power of individual actions to together make massive, collective, global impact.

Other Notes for Eligibility (Related to Position Funding):
• The applicant must be above the age of 18 & under 30 years of age
• The applicant must be a recent grad from a degree-granting Nova Scotian institution & must have graduated no more than one year from September 15, 2021.
• The applicant must be legally entitled to work in Canada & Nova Scotia

Salary Range: $32000 - $38000

Hours per Week: 35

Start Date: September 15th, 2021

Work Location: We anticipate the position will be mostly remote, although some meetings or events may be in-person if the situation with COVID allows. That said, we are open to exploring the partial use of some co-working spaces like Volta (in Halifax NS) if requested.

How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: theoatheproject at gmail.com

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/903016

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/903016

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca