[sust-mar] Employment Skills Training Coordinator, f/t, Clean Foundation, Dartmouth

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Jul 19 23:22:36 EDT 2021

* Work in environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

Green & Environmental Jobs
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/927606

Position: Training Coordinator
Location: Dartmouth/ Halifax, Nova Scotia

Program: Workforce Development
Reports to: The Director of Workforce Development

Clean Foundation (‘Clean’) is an independent, non-governmental charity that works to support the fair transition to a cleaner economy and greener society. We do this through collaboration, leadership, and a focus on the possible. We bring knowledge, tools and inspiration needed to encourage the actions that lead to positive environmental change.

Learn more about us the work we do: cleanfoundation.ca

Summary of the Position:

The Clean Workforce Development programs work to create quality internship opportunities within Canada’s environmental and clean technology sectors. Our goal is to create a stream of talent to grow Canada’s clean economy and support the rapid transition to a low carbon economy.

We are looking for a training coordinator to develop and deliver a high quality, in-house employment skills training program for young adult interns across Canada.

Reporting to the Director of Workforce Development, the Training Coordinator will be responsible for the development and delivery of engaging, participatory workshops specifically regarding topics such as soft skills, communicating climate change, career advancement, and job readiness.

The Training Coordinator will be comfortable with digital webinar tools and be experienced in presenting to diverse audiences. Additionally, they will be a forward-thinker, using best practices in employment skills education to prepare interns for the workforce in transition to a low carbon economy.

Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop a suite of employment skills workshops for interns, focusing on soft skills training to enhance job readiness and employability following an intern's placement.
• Facilitate and deliver employment skills workshops and/or courses for diverse cohorts of interns, using digital webinar and engagement tools.
• Lead the creation of associated employment skills resources and tools, e.g. training guides, videos, activities, worksheets, or pamphlets.
• Collect and analyze feedback from workshop participants to better future workshop delivery.
• Remain current on emerging green sector job skill requirements, best practices for adult and employment education, and changing employer needs within the green jobs sector.
• Assist Internship Leads in tracking and coordinating workshop delivery for two programs.
• Support the Workforce Development team in additional reporting or administrative needs as required.

Education and Required Qualifications:
• Experience in course and curriculum design or managing training projects.
• Basic Project Management Training or 1+ years related experience considered an asset.
• Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in workforce development, green jobs training, or employment skills training.
• Excellent prioritization skills and respect for deadlines
• Experience facilitating or leading workshops, including working with diverse groups and experience with digital workshop delivery considered an asset.
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented approach
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Comfortable and familiar with digital webinar delivery platforms
• French language abilities considered an asset.
• Positive, outgoing, and able to work independently or in a team.

Working Conditions:

Additional hours, or time outside of the normal work hours, may be required to meet operational requirements of planning and delivering specific projects at specific times of the year.

Monday-Friday Schedule.

Equity Hiring:

Clean is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. Qualified self-identifying First Nations, Metis and Inuit, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and LGBTQ2+ applicants will be strongly considered for this position. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.

This is a contract position until March 2022

To Apply:

Email your resume and cover letter to: hrcoordinator at cleanfoundation.ca

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/927606

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/927606

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca