[sust-mar] Hiring: Clean Energy Campaigner, Sierra Club, Atlantic Canada

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Jul 23 15:00:04 EDT 2021

* Work in climate & energy - GoodWork.ca/climate *

ATLANTIC CANADA JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/Atlantic
https://GoodWork.ca/921706

Position: Clean Energy Campaigner – Beyond Coal Atlantic
Location: Halifax, NS or elsewhere in Atlantic Canada (will be working from home office)
Eligibility: 30 or younger

The Atlantic Chapter of Sierra Club Canada Foundation is seeking an impact-oriented individual to grow our Beyond Coal Atlantic campaign. The objective of the campaign is to shut down coal and biomass energy as quickly as possible and to transition to clean, renewable energy. The successful candidate must also ensure we grow to meet our organization's commitment to inclusion, diversity, and justice.

Start Date: As soon as possible.
Remuneration: This is a full-time position: 37.5 hr/week, $18–22/hr depending on experience. Employee is entitled to benefits in accordance with our personnel policy. Occasional travel may be required to participate in meetings and workshops and will be reimbursed.
Eligibility requirements: Must be 30 years of age or younger to qualify for funding provided for this position. Candidate with post-secondary degree preferred (university degree or college diploma).

SCCF is committed to inclusivity, equity, and diversity within our community. We seek to hire talent with a range of life experiences and perspectives, recognizing that our mission-driven work is best advanced by the contributions of people of all genders with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and cultures. We encourage applicants from all ages, cultures, races, religions, colours, sexual orientation, gender identities or expressions, disability statuses, nationalities, or other statuses protected by law. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at hr at sierraclub.ca All information relating to accommodation needs will be addressed confidentially.

The Clean Energy Campaigner will:
• Critique existing energy portfolios and policies in Atlantic Canada and develop strategic policy documents and recommendations for the Beyond Coal Atlantic campaign
• Advocate for clean renewable energy options and help local municipalities and stakeholders to understand and implement them
• Work closely with the Beyond Coal staff and allies on public awareness campaigns and encourage support for climate action and solutions from broad cross-section of society.
• Help build the Beyond Coal campaign partner and supporter base through proposal writing and relationship-building

Skills and Qualifications
• Background in energy and/or economic policy and systems
• Knowledge of environmental science principles, including climate change and carbon cycles and targets
• Clear communicator; media experience an asset
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Training or background with principles of inclusion, equity and justice an asset
• Fluent in English; a second language (French or Indigenous language) an asset

About Sierra Club Canada Foundation

At Sierra Club Canada Foundation, we empower people to be leaders in protecting, restoring and enjoying healthy and safe ecosystems. SCCF is a grassroots organization, with a “think globally and act locally” philosophy. Our framework allows members to actively contribute to environmental causes that concern or inspire them, in a capacity that best suits their capabilities. Engaging with local officials, working collaboratively with local organizations, and a strong volunteer base has allowed Sierra Club to successfully engage in environmental campaigns that directly benefit both people and the planet.

To Apply: We are actively interviewing to fill this position so please apply as soon as possible.

Please email a CV and cover letter to hr at sierraclub.ca and put Clean Energy Campaigner in the subject line. Your cover letter should:
• Outline the relevant experience you have in relation to this position
• Describe any non-employment experiences that help make you a good fit for this position
• Explain why you are excited to join our team

Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

You are welcome to include one sample of supporting material, such as an example of your work. We appreciate you taking the time to apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

We are happy to provide additional information about the position upon request to the email above.

Organizational Background

The Sierra Club Canada Foundation (SCCF) is a national registered charity that includes four chapters: Atlantic, Québec, Ontario, and Prairie, plus the Sierra Youth Coalition. At our heart, we are a grassroots organization with a “think globally, act locally” philosophy. Working with a strong volunteer base and collaboratively with other organizations has allowed us to successfully engage in a range of environmental activities that directly benefit both people and the planet.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/921706

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/921706

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca