[sust-mar] Community Engagement & Program Coordinator, f/t, Friends of Fundy, Alma NB

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Mar 30 17:05:13 EDT 2021

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

Eco-friendly Jobs, Internships, Volunteering
https://GoodWork.ca/Now
https://GoodWork.ca/NewBrunswick

Position: Community Engagement & Program Coordinator
Location: Alma, Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick (south of Moncton)

The Friends of Fundy, incorporated as The Fundy Guild in 1982, works to enhance public awareness and appreciation of the cultural and natural heritage of Fundy National Park and increase engagement in the surrounding area. As the official ‘Friends’ of Fundy National Park, we support meaningful visitor experiences that contribute to the region’s conservation and community development goals. We operate two gift shop locations within the Park and our newest location in the village of Alma. Our shops host one of New Brunswick's largest selections of nature books as well as locally crafted jewellery, art and a fine assortment of games, puzzles, souvenirs and official Fundy National Park merchandise.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Community Engagement and Program Coordinator (CEPC) is a lead support in our role to help visitors and community engage with and learn about the natural and cultural heritage of Fundy National Park and the surrounding areas. The CEPC is a creative and dependable individual who strives for excellence and supports a fun, healthy and safe work environment.

Roles and Expectations:
• Create engaging and informative family friendly programming to be shared digitally and in person. Themes will include: conservation, citizen science, changing climate and the wonders of nature among others.
• Support visitors and community members to engage and learn about the natural and cultural aspects of the area.
• Work with the Friends of Fundy team and partners on event planning.
• Track and report on event and workshop participation and evaluation.
• Work with and support the Friends of Fundy Membership Committee.
• Provide updates and opportunities for members and community to participate in events using social media and the member newsletter.

Qualifications:
• Experience with and high level of comfort creating compelling content for social media.
• Outgoing and able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience.
• Strong writing skills; able to frame messages in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
• Ability to work as a member of a team and independently.
• Detail oriented and organized.

Operational requirements:
• Must be willing to work irregular hours, overtime, weekends and/or statutory holidays and provincial holidays, when required.
• Possess a valid Class 5 driver's license.
• Will be required to have your own transportation to and from the workplace.

Education & Experience:
• Post-secondary degree in Arts, Education, Communications, or other fields relevant to the position.
• At least 2 years of experience in program delivery, evaluation, communications or other roles with comparable accountabilities and deliverables.
• French/English Bilingual - comfortable communicating orally and in writing in both French and English
• Experience in tourism and product development is an asset.

This is a 12 month term position: April 2021-April 2022 with the opportunity to extend.

To Apply:

Please forward your cover letter and resume to office at friendsoffundy.ca by April 9th, 2021.

https://GoodWork.ca/Now
https://GoodWork.ca/958295

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/958295

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca