[sust-mar] Online Store Asst, full-time, Wolfville Farmers' Market, Nova Scotia

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Fri Sep 24 20:00:30 EDT 2021

* Work in local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

Local Food Jobs & Sustainable Agriculture
Maritimes: https://FoodWork.ca/atl-only
This position: https://FoodWork.ca/970316

Position: WFM2Go Assistant
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
Eligibility: 30 or younger

The Wolfville Farmers’ Market is a vibrant year-round Market, usually with over 70 farm, artisan, and chef vendors. In response to COVID and social distancing restrictions, we are running a socially distanced Saturday Public market, a Market Store, and two online markets called WFM2Go.

We are engaged in the farmers market movement, active supporters of our vendors, have numerous partnerships with community groups, we are progressive in our programming and passionate about creating the best experience possible to reflect and nourish our community. We offer excellent mentorship for youth eager to make a difference in their community, while gaining an invaluable professional development experience. And we take very seriously all aspects of the Health directives at this time.

Work Term:
• One Year starting Oct/15th
• 40 hrs/week

Wage/Hours:
• $15/hr

The role of the Wolfville Farmers’ Market WFM2Go Assistant will be to provide promotional, administrative, and logistical coordination of the evolving iterations of the Wolfville Farmers’ Market in the face of the COVID pandemic with particular focus on the logistics of the online store.

This is an opportunity for someone who is passionate about both food and community and especially the relationship between food and community development. It is for someone highly organized, creative and professional; someone who can both be comfortable and enthusiastic when promoting the Market; and also someone who can be on their feet working to set-up and tear-down a Market for a physically demanding workday.

Having positive, clear, and customer service-like communications with partners, vendors, the attending community, and volunteers is essential to the smooth operation of the Market, and also to its development as a responsive organization.

We offer the same respect to our employees, working to ensure they have a great work experience, gaining the skills needed to get closer to their own aspirations.

Responsibilities:
• Managing Set-up and Pack Days for two online Markets
• Managing a team of staff and volunteers in the pack of the WFM2Go operation
• Working with vendors who deliver and pack their products
• Learning and working with the online store software to support vendors and customers
• Assisting with the Wolfville Hub Pick up where customers pick up their orders
• Assisting with upkeep of market including some manual tasks
• Learning the tasks involved in WFM2Go and the Market in order to work optimally as part of the Market Staff Team
• Helping to develop the Home Delivery model

Qualifications and Skills Required:
• Demonstrated planning, organizational and time management skills
• Must be able to work on your feet, lifting and moving things around for one ten hour day each week
• Proficient in using Google Drive
• Able to work in a self directed manner as well as part of a team
• Able to communicate effectively and passionately in support of the Market
• Conflict resolution skills when working with Vendors and Customers
• Facility with learning and adapting to new software tools
• Demonstrated professionalism, dependability, and attention to detail
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service
• Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills

Digital Skills that will be Developed
• Use of Local Food Marketplace Software (a sector specific software used to manage Food Hubs and Local Food Delivery systems) to manage WFM2Go orders and Producer Pick Lists.
• Social Media Content Development using digital resources like Canva and creating weekly social media content
• Social Media Admin on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram ( how to use social media as promotional tool from an organizational perspective including content development, scheduling and analytics)
• Become proficient Using a Shared Google Drive (Workspace Edition) including Google Forms, Google Meets, and Google Sheets
• Use of Mailchimp, an email software tool used to communicate with Vendors and Community

Possible Learning Opportunities:
• Project development and management skills
• Learn skills in adapting and operationalizing new systems
• Entrepreneurial environment in which to witness and learn entrepreneurial skills
• Develop collaborative communication skills within a cooperative, team based organization

Physical Environment:
• Able to comfortably work in both a physically demanding and fast paced Market-Day environment as well as independently.
• Comfortable putting up tents and moving picnic tables, lifting up to 30 lbs and working on your feet for one long day.
• Able to comfortably lift up to 30 lbs (signs, boxes, picnic tables, etc) and push 200 lb booths on wheels

How to Apply:

Please provide a Cover Letter which explains why you want to be the Wolfville Farmers’ Market Assistant, as well as your Resume with References. Please email to: manager at wolfvillefarmersmarket.ca

Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

Grant Requirements:

This position is funded through a grant from the Clean Foundation (in partnership with Environment and Climate Change Canada), which has the following requirements. The applicant must:
• Be between the ages of 15-30 inclusive at the start of the internship;
• Be a post-secondary graduate or will have successfully completed post-secondary studies before the internship start date;
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada;
• Not be in receipt of Employment Insurance during the internship

Maritimes: https://FoodWork.ca/atl-only
This position: https://FoodWork.ca/970316

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/970316

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms